Induction stove with a 850va inverter

silverbyte

Disciple
So I'm looking for an induction stove that I can use as a fallback when I dont have my gas cylinder. This would mean that it should be compatible with an inverter.

Now I use the word "compatible" very loosely. What it means essentially is 3 things:
1. 850Va is about 500w output. So this induction stove should have a range from around 300w to full power
2. when switching on, it starts at lowest power - otherwise on inverter, it will never switch on.
3. if it is running on full power and main line cuts out, it switches off and does not burn my inverter or something.

If these criterion are met, I would think that induction stove would be very popular with bachelors who anyway have a lot of trouble getting a gas connection, etc.

Does anyone use their induction stove with an inverter ? Which models are you using.

It is better that the induction stove is not connected to an inverter, especially if it has a very low capacity of 850VA. The starting current required by the stove is not known. I can quote an example from my experience- my 875VA microtek UPS was not able to support my 260ltr refrigerator, rated at 107W.

Well its not advised to connected heating or cooking appliances with a inverter,especially ones below 1000va.

A induction cooker could work with a high capacity inverter of around 2kv+ or around 2000watt continuous load handling capability,but at the same time you need a high capacity battery.
@Chiranjib
A refrigerator or even a CRT tv has a high cold load start even though its rated at 107watt at cold start it going to consume 2x to 4x more for a fraction of a second to a second,Some inverters are designed to handle this huge surge in load.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm a good team player and I'm a person of great honesty to others. Brothers and sisters, something we can explore together,

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Registered just up, Mom, it really is trouble, really makes me speechless, the new user is not to the fat link, sad, irritable, and I want to play the game site WOW Gold,Cheap WOW Gold, Buy WOW Gold, Gold for WOW,World Of Warcraft Gold - Mmolive.com the URL is Buy Tera Gold introducedinterested we can work together to engage in team!Great!

I have a TCL induction plate. The wattage steps in the control start from 100W, 500W, 800W, 1000W..... 500W is equivalent of small gas burner at low setting. This is barely enough to make a cup of T in 15-20 mins time. I wonder what type of cooking would you be able to accomplish in 300W setting (assuming it is available).

Regards,
Mohit

Back