Install Android on Windows 10 tab, and keep the windows license for reinstalling later

Skyh3ck

Adept
Hi Guys

I have a unbranded Windows 10 tab, i want to install Android X86 on it, and remove Windows 10, and if all goes well, keep it android and if not working properly will swtich back to Windows10.

my question

1) the tab has windows 10 activated, digital license version, how can i keep my license for future installation of windows 10, will i loose the license, i mean if i reinstall the windows 10 after removing android, how can i take back up of my windows 10 license

2) the tab has volume up and down and power key, it has hdmi and mini usb, now to install android x86 it required keyboard and mouse, i have ordered a mini usb to usb hub, but how can i enter the bios setting without having windows installed on it, what is the way to enter bios or boot menu

Use Produkey to get your W10 license.

View-Windows-10-product-key-ProduKey_thumb.png

Hi Guys

I have a unbranded Windows 10 tab, i want to install Android X86 on it, and remove Windows 10, and if all goes well, keep it android and if not working properly will swtich back to Windows10.

my question

1) the tab has windows 10 activated, digital license version, how can i keep my license for future installation of windows 10, will i loose the license, i mean if i reinstall the windows 10 after removing android, how can i take back up of my windows 10 license

2) the tab has volume up and down and power key, it has hdmi and mini usb, now to install android x86 it required keyboard and mouse, i have ordered a mini usb to usb hub, but how can i enter the bios setting without having windows installed on it, what is the way to enter bios or boot menu

Just link it to a Microsoft Account. You will be able to reactivate the license.

ok o it has windows 10 Home, its now linked tomy outlook.com accout, however how can i back up the installation to a usb, so i can use same later and install it from usb pen drive, it now has windows creator update installed on it

ok o it has windows 10 Home, its now linked tomy outlook.com accout, however how can i back up the installation to a usb, so i can use same later and install it from usb pen drive, it now has windows creator update installed on it

You can back it up, but instead, download the latest ISO from Microsoft via the Media Creators. Ensure that you have the drivers as well incase its non standard like my iBall 701 something.

dont forget to deactivate/ release the license for the current device from your microsoft account before removing windows. if you dont do this first, next time you go to activate it will give error that the license is already in use. then you will have to get it activated from the backup you made via produkey or some other backup tool or buy a new license. lol.

best bet is to take a backup of entire device using acronis or clonezilla or another tool so you can restore entire disk along with licensing status in case you want to go back to windows.

can i just retrieve the license key and use it next time with my same microsoft account.

also if i want to create a iso type installation image to install the same windows 10 copy along with license how can i do that is there any software to do that, i mean i have installed the widnows 10 creator update

dont forget to deactivate/ release the license for the current device from your microsoft account before removing windows. if you dont do this first, next time you go to activate it will give error that the license is already in use. then you will have to get it activated from the backup you made via produkey or some other backup tool or buy a new license. lol.

best bet is to take a backup of entire device using acronis or clonezilla or another tool so you can restore entire disk along with licensing status in case you want to go back to windows.

If there is no physical/hardware change to the device, it will auto activate, provided the key is genuine. Mostly, there is no need to do these shenanigans.

Back