Android Install different versions of same app together, possible ?

raksrules

Elite
I have a rooted android tablet and need to know if I can install same app twice but different versions ?
Say I have hello world_v1.apk and hello world_v2.apk, both residing in the same tablet together.
Is this possible ?
Also both need to work and no force close or anything.

Another way : Install Android L if it's available for your tablet and then use the Multi-user option it provides.
I was able to install and use 2 WhatsApp apps in different user profiles this way.
Should work in tablets as well with the multi-user support.

I was able to install two different version of zapya on my jellybean 4.2 ! So i think quit possible [emoji4]

I have a parallel question to this. Say I have a Dual-SIM phone with both numbers active. Can I have Whatsapp on both numbers? Or would I need to install 2 different Whatsapp versions/flavours?

AFAIK WhatsApp only works with one number per installation.
Workaround for your question : Use Multiple User profiles (Android 5/L onwards) and install it on both profiles and you can use both numbers together.

I have a parallel question to this. Say I have a Dual-SIM phone with both numbers active. Can I have Whatsapp on both numbers? Or would I need to install 2 different Whatsapp versions/flavours?

LOL I had an old version and the newer version of Tapatalk installed for pretty long, but thanks to them that their new update was much less horrible so I could peacefully uninstall the old app.

Back