? Install win 7 pro with Admin rights only

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

I need to install Windows 7 Prof (licensed) ONLY with administrator rights only and no other user logins.

I keep getting stuck at the stage where I have to create a 'user' and 'computer' name...... How do I skip this stage ?

I need to install a certain video editing software which works best with "Administrator" rights alone. Now if there are any other user logins, then I get multiple error messages .. Video HAL, media not getting linked etc

Urgent

Tx ..... Terry

How to bypass this stage (see attached pic).

I am totally stumped. In all my years of computing, this is the 1st time I am actually installing a 'licensed' version of Windows and going berserk :(

Attachments

• 1380362084764.jpg
    1380362084764.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 134
In windows 7, I think, the main admin account is locked by default. So the new user name that its asking will eventually become another admin account. If it does not, you can still change it to admin account from control panel.

From your post I think you need a user account in windows 7 with full admin privilege.

Just Type your desired user name and click Next. It will automatically fill up the computer name. In next step don't fill any password.

After windows installation you need to disable UAC for full admin privileged to your newly created admin account.
Type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.
sshot-2009-08-27-14-18-58.png

Drag the slider down to the bottom, to disable UAC completely.
sshot-2009-08-27-14-15-48.png

terry: all the posts above mine should work fine for you (i.e., a user with 'admin' rights) but if you want to taste 'pure' Administrator account then press the following when you reach the user creation stage (the screenshot you posted):
CTRL + SHIFT + F3 (you need to press and hold down CTRL and SHIFT and then press F3. And then release all three keys in one go)

Your screen will go blank as soon as you do that and the system will be rebooted. After reboot, you'll be presented with Windows Audit mode. Press cancel on the OOBE dialog box and install essential drivers and then your video software. If you need to reboot during installation of any drivers/software then don't forget to press cancel on OOBE dialog once again.

you'll be presented with that dialog until you quit from Audit mode :cool:

Do not disable the UAC - bloody useful thing.

As i said on WhatsApp - just make an account - and then disable/delete it from Computer Managment. Change Admin account password.

Right Click on "My Computer" > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users. On the right hand side pane - just do the needed.

Back