Android Installed Trojan app. What next?

techfan

Disciple
Hi all,

I have a Nexus 5 with Lineage OS 14.1. Yesterday, I installed an app from a third party website which turned out to be malware. The app was installed for 10 mins max (more likely 5 mins) with the wifi on so don't know what damage could've been done. Downloaded Kaspersky antivirus app which confirms that the app is a Trojan virus (heur trojan androidos.hidapp.ch).

Wondering what this virus does & what damage could've been done & what data might've been compromised in those 5-10 mins it was installed? Am i still at risk now that the app is uninstalled (Kaspersky says all clear)? I've changed the passwords for my Google accounts which were setup on the cellphone for now. Anything else?

TIA

It's hard to tell but a trojan generally means allowing an external party to take control of your device for whatever purpose.

If you want to be 100% sure the only route is a hard reset.

Nuke and pave over.

It's hard to tell but a trojan generally means allowing an external party to take control of your device for whatever purpose.

If you want to be 100% sure the only route is a hard reset.

Nuke and pave over.

I can make anyone stop using their phones regardless of trojan virus or not. Just be careful. The world is not safe

Back