CPU/Mobo Intel adds virtualization to Q8300, E7400, E7500, E5300, E5400

Intel adds virtualization to Q8300, E7400, E7500, E5300, E5400

Intel has just announced that it will be making an update to five of its processors, in order to add support for Intel Virtualization Technology. The CPUs which will get their virtualization on are the tray Core 2 Quad Q8300, the Core 2 Duo E7500 and E7400, and the Pentium E5400 and E5300.

According to Intel, the VT-enhanced versions of the mentioned chips will start being delivered on June 12 and since they'll feature new S-spec and MM numbers they may require a BIOS update (to enable the virtualization tech).

Source

Wish they'd add it to all their CPU's. Don't AMD already do this? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm reasonably sure even a Sempron has this function.

^^ Blue pill attack vulnerable now.. that works through the virtualization of the processors.

as if the SMM arch bug wasnt bad enough :mad:. That holds a higher priority than your OS. a Rootkit is enough to own your system. Intel should patch SMM first.

Not to mention Joanna Rutkowska's Invisible Things Lab already released the code into the wild... :mad:

guys,

I read about VT on the mentioned VT link, but alas! I am still unable to understand how this will help in gaming ?

Can anybody pls shed some light on this?
thx,

Anybody knws when will e5300 become available ?
Nd wht will be the approx price ?
Also , if I get an e7400 today, will it become vt enabled with just a bios update in future ?

If I am not wrong, I don't think processors can be upgraded using a BIOS update!

BTW, this will be useful for the Windows XP mode in Windows 7.

Back