Intel C2D Stock HSF | Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Live! | Misc Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeViLLe said:
pls give some details (pics... proof) on the 25 bucks soldering iron mr.electrician... u'll probably get yourself electricuted with a 25 bucks one…

The one on sale 'SOLDRON' cost atleast 200 bucks in the market...

I don't really know much about the brands of soldering irons but I guess you have done a lot of research in this area. I bought one cheap soldering iron for only INR22 1 year ago, and as you can see I am still here typing this message. I was not being sarcastic, just wanted to help the other members. In the future I will make it a point not to post in a thread where you have posted to avoid any problems you may have sir. And as for proof, go to lajpat rai in delhi. You can buy the soldering irons from 15 onwards. Real good quality ones cost approx 35+
If you are looking for very fine tips then the cost is more(70~80)

Anyways, take care Mr Neville.
God bless

he is right, the iron is a soldron and they cost ~225 in the market.

soldrons are among the better ones available. mine, I've used for about 5 years. there are ones to be had for 25 upwards , but their quality is suspect. in addition soldrons have some sort of warranty, 1 year methinks

PS: i have gotten electrocuted with a 125 buck soldering iron, which blew up after 2 years of very rough service :p

greenhorn said:
he is right, the iron is a soldron and they cost ~225 in the market.
soldrons are among the better ones available. mine, I've used for about 5 years. there are ones to be had for 25 upwards , but their quality is suspect. in addition soldrons have some sort of warranty, 1 year methinks
PS: i have gotten electrocuted with a 125 buck soldering iron, which blew up after 2 years of very rough service :p

I don't disagree with anything being said here. The only thing which was offensive was how he put forth his point. There is always a more civilized, less confronting way of putting your point across. I never said a soldron iron is that cheap. I only said that you can buy the irons from your local market ( thus saving up on the cost of the iron and the courier charges ) at a cheaper price.
And as far as the electrocution thing goes, you can get a shock from anything electric if there is a problem with it. Like I said, I have been using a cheap iron for some time and I am still fine. I have however got electrocuted from my vaccum cleaner which was NOT a cheap brand. Just remember the golden rule, anything electric can shock you sometime or the other so we always have to be careful.

And oh yes, Mr Neville, according to your own wiki link the 24 bit sb live uses the audigy value chip, and not the chip from the 16 bit live. So I guess we can safely say which is the better card.
And for people wanting to buy the sound card, go to your local computer market and look around for old sb cards. You can find them from 550+ easily( 7.1 ch ones )
And Mr Neville, I will not be providing you with any "pics or proofs" this time.
My only intention ever in joining this community was trying to help people out and I think members who I tried to help out personally over IM with their computer problems giving them my time can vouch for it.

Can you either
1. post a bigger picture of the Live!
OR
2: Write down the number of all chips on the board. There should be about 6.
I'm interested in picking it up for SMD soldering experiments.:S

longlife said:
interested in HSF at Rs.300 incl shipping.

Are u in Mumbai??

You can pick it up from me for 300... otherwise it's 400 shipped...

(Dude I gotta to pay 75-100 for shipping and then that makes the heatsink for just 200- 225 bucks)

sangram said:
Can you either
OR

I'll post it tonight ... when I get back home...

sangram said:
Can you either
OR

Here is the hi-res pic...

longlife said:
H.s.f.????
Dude...check my earlier post on the hsf

the hsf is already on hold for someone in mumbai... if the deal doesn't go through u can have it for 400 shipped...

Hi,

It's still showing me a tiny little image - some 150 x 113 pixels.

What am I doing wrong?

I'll check back on Monday.

sangram said:
Hi,

It's still showing me a tiny little image - some 150 x 113 pixels.

What am I doing wrong?

I'll check back on Monday.

Dude... Click on the photo and it will open in a 1600x1200 res... in a new window... click on the photo in the window to enlarge it...

If you still want a higher res-pic ... I'll have to email it to you... Pm me your email address

No, got it. I was not getting a link so I manually changed the address line to remove the .th and it worked. Gimme a day and I'll come back to you. Thanks.

Thnaks neVille, I had a look at the pic and it's not suitable for me.

I'll pass, thanks fr going to the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back