CPU/Mobo Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion Thread

You are late to the party Sire.

well, he should mention what it's about now I don't click every link
<

I will build a water cooled monster gaming rig with Ivy bridge soon... Design and financial planning on the way
<

#[member='cyberwarfare'], thanks but sorry... its cybermantas, and hence not Kungfu Panda related... you would have to go back a lil further back.. like late 1990s when Cartoon Network had Ninja Robots... Cybertron + Mantis = Cybermantas (with an innocent spelling mistake
<
)

well advantages are

1)lower tdp --- not at all useful unless it runs 24/7 at stock clock.. as seen ocing on air is worse than SB

2)better ipc --- hardly 5 percent improvement

3)cheaper to make (not the same as cheaper to buy) -- doesn't make a difference to us consumers

4)way better graphics --- once again HD4000 is better than 3000 but in the greater aspect even HD4000 is still infantile and limited

5)the "tick" in intels strategy ---how is that an advantage ??

I am sticking to SB
<

#[member='cyberwarfare'], thanks but sorry... its cybermantas, and hence not Kungfu Panda related... you would have to go back a lil further back.. like late 1990s when Cartoon Network had Ninja Robots... Cybertron + Mantis = Cybermantas (with an innocent spelling mistake
happy55.gif
)

ahh i see. my bad
<

I am sticking to SB
happy19.gif

some of your points i agree with. i disagree primarily with the hd4000 part. may not be a huge step for us, but think about all the folks who use discrete graphics. its a huge step for them. and lastly a huge stepping stone for intel and virtu

So far there seems to be just one site reporting about 95w part... I would guess that if this news was true and really that significant, most of the major publications would have reported this and the whole interweb would have been pounding Intel let and right by now. Either this news is fluke and there are 95W part in existence (along with regular 77W parts, probably as cheaper options for non-overclockers, maybe?).... or this is some kind of stupid joke/rumor.

Either way, I think it's bit premature to declare Ivy Bridge a dud and start screaming "I'm sticking to SB" based on JUST one article. Besides, most of the people who are saying "I'm sticking to SB"... how many of you are going to push your processor to extremes or run 24/7 at high overclock?

while we would not like to sit on high o/c 's 24/7, we would like to sit in the 4.8-5 GHz range (well at least i would)

all tests performed earlier show that even to achieve these speeds we need close to or over 1.3v which is very close to SB. the temps and a whole diff ball game.

like i said earlier its probably wiser to go/stay on sb and wait for a new revision/stepping till they get it sorted out
<

Back