Storage Solutions Internal HDD of my acer 5740 broken . what to do ?

phunsukh

Disciple
Internal HDD of my acer 5740 laptop broken one week ago. I have presently installed ubuntu on external HDD. Where can I get the internal HDD for laptop? Is there any place in Mumbai where I can replace the HDD?

As @JuGGa says, you could get it replace at Lamington Road/Computer shop in your city. You could also have a look at online stores.

If you have any budget, it would be easier to recommend something.

If you know anyone coming from the US, usually once a month Newegg has some good offer running on either HDD or SSD, AFAIK. Ask someone to pick up one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have budget of around 3000/-

As JuGGa says, you could get it replace at Lamington Road/Computer shop in your city. You could also have a look at online stores.

If you have any budget, it would be easier to recommend something.

If you know anyone coming from the US, usually once a month Newegg has some good offer running on either HDD or SSD, AFAIK. Ask someone to pick up one.

I have a budget of rs.3000/-. I don't have any friend or relative who live in usa.

Its easy to replace your hard disk yourself.
You just need to remove the screws securing your hard disk caddy and slide it out. Replace the drive, slide it back in and secure with screws.
Check your laptop's manual.

If you can get the laptop to ghatkopar, can do the hdd replacement for free :) just get the new hdd along and a screwdriver if needed

Back