International wire transfer of money

surajspai

Disciple
Hello,
I dont know if this is the right place for this topic,so Mods please guide if i am wrong.

I purchased some items from Mouser,basically a reference board of an ARM processor.it cost me 180$ +40$ for shipping=220USD total.

Now,i dont have a credit card,so i thought of doing a wire transfer of the money to mouser,which is acceptable to them.

so,for this,i received all the details from mouser for the transfer and wanted to know how to go about it.
I contacted my bank,and they said there are certain formalities to complete,like filling forms and all,but only the head office of my bank does it and going there would require a day's leave,but they'll do it for me.
So,if i were to go to some other bank where i dont have an account,will they do it for me?

Or do i have an option of a third party?I mean something like western union money transfer?will they do it for me?
what is the procedure?and how much fees can i expect to pay for an amount of 220USD ?

Kindly advise
Thanks,
Suraj

you can go to embedded market and ask for a quote. They deal with mouser so you will definitely get a good quote.

on the other hand, if you are patient enough, go to dx.com and look for the board. if you find it; order using your debit card.
plan B is to go and try on AliExpress

plan C is to check prices on all the sites and buy the cheapest. :D

And if you finally want to go the International Wire Transfer way, you can do it completely online in case of ICICI or SBI (Other banks also may allow this, but I am not sure). The bank will charge Rs 500 or so for the transfer (all fees borne by the remitter and the recipient will receive the exact amount).

Fund transfer less than 2000 USD or so doesn't require any special formalities.

err..no,i couldnt find it anywhere else.it is a reference board,specifically made for the purpose so the only option is to buy from such distributors.and being an evaluation module,its needed to work as intended,so no cheap rip offs from DX or the like.
Embedded market-it is a bit of a hassle,have dealt with them once.it got delayed,so dont want to get into trouble again.

Besides,its being sponsored by the company,so why pinch pennies(cents i mean.)?:D.Also,i will receive it in like 2 days too.

And if you finally want to go the International Wire Transfer way, you can do it completely online in case of ICICI or SBI (Other banks also may allow this, but I am not sure). The bank will charge Rs 500 or so for the transfer (all fees borne by the remitter and the recipient will receive the exact amount).
Fund transfer less than 2000 USD or so doesn't require any special formalities.
yes,that sounds the simplest at the moment,so i guess that is what i will go with.

Back