Internet experience in India during Covid 19

zero problem, i can confim that my internet didn't have covid-19

9176602767.png
Which Area?
Excitel. Hyderabad. Zero issues. They've been fantastic, considering the abysmal feedback I had read about them before subscribing.
Area? Will be helpful when recommending Excitel in that area.

The company said it has seen a spike in internet usage across all cities where it operates, including Delhi, Jaipur, Bengaluru and Coimbatore.

“Our network is future-ready to scale up significantly to meet growing demands in all the cities we are present in,” Prasanna Gokhale, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), ACT Fibernet, told indianexpress.com in an email interaction.

“We have sufficient bandwidth provisioned so that our customers can work from home seamlessly, stream 4k content effortlessly and stay connected with their family and friends.”

Last edited:
Jio Fiber - working fine almost all the time. Twice for a few seconds - it stopped working. Its not noticeable unless you are doing something that required constant connectivity.

Also sometimes IPv4 connectivity gets screwed. I think this is their tunnels getting overloaded. Not noticed on IPv6 sites. This was a point of discussion with @superczar

^ ACT customers, check if the speed is doubled and data is not consumed from your FUP limits.

If not contact the customer care.

^ ACT customers, check if the speed is doubled and data is not consumed from your FUP limits.

If not contact the customer care.

I am getting higher speed but the data balance has started decreasing. Next question is how the hell does one contact customer care for ACT? Its impossible.

I am getting higher speed but the data balance has started decreasing. Next question is how the hell does one contact customer care for ACT? Its impossible.
Shoot an email to customer support. Cannot expect a reply for next 3 days.

Twitter support is your next bet.

Dear Customer, Due to current Covid situation Internet utilization has gone up globally, where you may observe intermittent slow Issues, Hence we request you to check the speed by connecting direct cable or by rebooting your router and check speed by connecting to single device, If connected through VPN speed may vary based on the destination site. Over Wifi connectivity issue can occur due to multiple factors click here www.actcorp.in/wifi_router/tips.pdf for more details -ACT

Speed test to international sites is 20% of promised speeds.

Be it any server. Only local server boasting 80+% speeds.

Primary Internet: BSNL
- Does not seem to have much issues. Except that I am supposed to get 8Mbps but getting 4Mpbs which was even before lockdown.
- no prolonged/major outages.

Secondary: Asianet Broadband:
- Noticed Bandwidth throttling during day time.
- During COVID, took this ISP as a backup for WFM.
-Internet down was for 2 days with no customer care available. (Not Kidding) .
- When internet goes not customer care is not reachable.
- Customer care Area Managers/Reps phones are not reachable.
- Their customer care model is a bit strange - If you face a issue, you dial a number and an agent ideally is supposed to call you back.
- When The first outage happened, the customer care agent called the next day.

PS: Luckily, I took Asianet as a backup internet connection with Pfsense WAN failover. Looks like, I will need to find another ISP as backup.

Last edited:
Update: BSNL , Duration: 30th May 2020 - 1st May 2020 (~1.5 days)
- The phone lines were working. But, ADSL was down for 2 days. Complete outage. It looked like an issue with the local BSNL exchange.
- Switched to backup internet during this timeframe.
- Issue with BSNL rectified as of today.

Back