Internet is now full of such new spam popups

ashish

Adept
Since few days annoying spammers have came up with this new invention it seems.

1587576916513.png

Now most sites are giving such disgusting popups where you are left with no choice but kill the browser process and start from zero again.

Is there a reliable popup blocker which will negotiate which is a genuine popup and which are such spam fakes?

you meant pi hole?

Theres diversion as well which runs on Asus routers with Merlin firmware.

Why do people still browse in 2020 without ad-blockers and popup-blockers is something I don't get.

OP use these two and you will not see 90% of the ads.

Is it also available for TP-Link or Netgear ones - I used to run dd-wrt as custom firmware.
Diversion is a separate program which runs on Merlin firmware on Asus routers.

I am not sure if thats supported for DD-WRT as well.

I have a PiHole setup running on a Pi Zero W attached to the USB port of the Asus RT-AC68U router so I never messed with Diversion even though I am running Merlin FW.Pihole is rock solid but I don't think the OP will go full nuclear with pihole/custom firmware.

Thanks guys installed uBlock Origin and now ads and those annoying popup are history.

You are getting pop ups on google ? That’s firs time I have seen. May be you have installed something wrong or the website itself is been faked as the url in the browser is not of the google. Well no idea on any of the firmwares and ublock origin thing.

You are getting pop ups on google ? That’s firs time I have seen. May be you have installed something wrong or the website itself is been faked as the url in the browser is not of the google. Well no idea on any of the firmwares and ublock origin thing.
Read the address, its not google.

This usually happens when your pc is infected with malware.
Download malwarebytes and do a full pc scan and post the results here.

Last edited:
Back