Internet not working on my laptop with my android hotspot but works fine with wifi router

Emrebel

Adept
For odd reasons, my laptop can use my home WiFi fine but not the mobile hotspot from my android device.
Things that are working:
1) Obiviously my mobile data
2) Laptop connects without any errors to the android hotspot.
3) laptop works fine with home wifi.

I doubt that this is some config error. I have also tried commands like flushdns, release and reset but no benifit.
I also tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for dns(ipv4) and it worked for one or two sites but later stopped working.

For odd reasons, my laptop can use my home WiFi fine but not the mobile hotspot from my android device.
Things that are working:

I doubt that this is some config error. I have also tried commands like flushdns, release and reset but no benifit.
I also tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for dns(ipv4) and it worked for one or two sites but later stopped working.
I guess you’ve probably already checked this
Nonetheless, can you post the output of ifconfig on a terminal window (If on Linux or OS X(
Or ipconfig/all on a command window (If On windows)

Things that are working:

If your laptop connects with the Android Hotspot, the Internet should be working without issues. As a workaround, can you change the Android hotspot WiFi name and password and try to connect again. What is the normal distance between your Android hotspot and your laptop?

Try to use tethering feature and use a USB cable to connect the laptop to check if it can use mobile internet on your laptop.

Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry I was busy with some work and was unable to update this thread.
The issue got resolved somehow automatically. I am not sure about the root of the problem but I will keep the above points in mind when reporting something like this.

Back