Security Software Internet security suite for Windows?

logistopath

Molar Police
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
I was going through the forums looking for updated recommendations for internet security suites, and realized that there weren't any, other than a few posts in sale threads.
So, what would be your recommendation for an internet security suite, now in 2020? Please try to answer the following questions, if you are recommending a particular software:
1. Does it include all-inclusive protection - like antivirus, firewall, VPN, parental control, adware/malware protection, etc.?
2. Does it impact the performance of PC/laptop? You could try to answer this from the perspective of someone who uses a PC with basic configuration - like an i3 machine with 4 GB RAM.
3. Is it a paid software? How much does it cost?

I know that there are many forum members who prefer not to use any security suite. Would like to know their views too, about how they keep their PCs protected, especially when it is being used by their non-techie family members or friends.
And finally, leave behind Windows and shift to other OS is not a good response.

puns

Section Mod
Mar 24, 2005
New Delhi
I got the Norton 360 recently from a forum member who was sharing multi pc license for 450 Rs. ( https://techenclave.com/community/t...net-security-for-365-days-5-available.191570/ )
Its an all in one and its very light on my laptop. Settings and finding things is a task but quite configurable. No issues in gaming performance.
I got it as it has VPN as well so Im sorted for around 1.5 years of the license subscription.
Very happy with it. No false positive and actively informs / blocks suspicious stuff. I have ublock origin on broswer so that takes care of things as well

Reactions: logistopath

logistopath

Molar Police
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Personally, I am satisfied with Kaspersky Internet Security, which I've been using for the past 7 or 8 years. It's validity will be expiring in a couple of weeks. Want to check out other options before persisting with KIS. My laptop is a 2nd gen i3 with 4GB RAM, and KIS doesn't cause any issues with usability even during full scan.

Norton seems to be a good option nowadays. Wonder how it compares with KIS and Bitdefender.

puns

Section Mod
Mar 24, 2005
New Delhi
Personally, I am satisfied with Kaspersky Internet Security, which I've been using for the past 7 or 8 years. It's validity will be expiring in a couple of weeks. Want to check out other options before persisting with KIS. My laptop is a 2nd gen i3 with 4GB RAM, and KIS doesn't cause any issues with usability even during full scan.

Norton seems to be a good option nowadays. Wonder how it compares with KIS and Bitdefender.
Norton 360 sits at 80 MB memory. When I run scan, its another 90MB and CPU usage is 10 % on my i5 - 9th gen.
Compare it to your system usage. If not different relatively, then stick to KIS. I like the extra stuff with the 360 for the price which is why I went with it