Security Software Internet security suite for Windows?

If I understand correctly, you are formatting SSD every time. But from your last 2 posts, it appears that, WD Green is infected as well and virus is operating from that drive.

Sorry for late post but I wanted to try things for few days + been a real bad and hectic last week.

1. I've only installed Stem (CS:GO) and Epic Launcher for games and no software.
2. I'm not even downloading movies or anything else that includes a patch or something like that.
3. N oexternal drive/pendrive is connected.

Today:

Again EpicGamesLauncher seems to be the infected one. I'm not playing any games through it, only CS:GO.

And now got this sometime back:
Any more clue?

You need to boot level scan and clean your drives for malware and viruses. Do it using pen drive or cd drive.
Also once you update the antivirus definitions, disconnect from internet, restart your machine and then do boot level scan .
Also, since this virus affects exe files, those programs exe will be deleted so you have to redownload them again

Last edited:
I got the Norton 360 recently from a forum member who was sharing multi pc license for 450 Rs. ( https://techenclave.com/community/t...net-security-for-365-days-5-available.191570/ )
Its an all in one and its very light on my laptop. Settings and finding things is a task but quite configurable. No issues in gaming performance.
I got it as it has VPN as well so Im sorted for around 1.5 years of the license subscription.
Very happy with it. No false positive and actively informs / blocks suspicious stuff. I have ublock origin on broswer so that takes care of things as well

Can you comment on your net speed while using Vpn? Most vpns report a drop while connecting to outside servers like US, UK etc.

Can you comment on your net speed while using Vpn? Most vpns report a drop while connecting to outside servers like US, UK etc.

Its much better than some vpn's I have tried. Selecting India also opens up a lot of sites that dont open on my internet connection ( Airtel ) so I get almost 95% speeds.
US will be a significant drop. Singapore works for most stuff.

Its much better than some vpn's I have tried. Selecting India also opens up a lot of sites that dont open on my internet connection ( Airtel ) so I get almost 95% speeds.
US will be a significant drop. Singapore works for most stuff.
How about +orren+'s? Would there be a significant drop on the speeds. I use an 8mbps line so a drop upto 6 is acceptable. Is it unlimited or some quota?

I would have tried it but my desktop has more than 2 years while Lappy has around 6 months remaining. I might as well give it a try.

How about +orren+'s? Would there be a significant drop on the speeds. I use an 8mbps line so a drop upto 6 is acceptable. Is it unlimited or some quota?

I would have tried it but my desktop has more than 2 years while Lappy has around 6 months remaining. I might as well give it a try.

torrents dont work with this vpn. I have tried u torrent but the moment I start it, vpn disables. Not sure if there is workaround.
Post automatically merged:

torrents dont work with this vpn. I have tried u torrent but the moment I start it, vpn disables. Not sure if there is workaround.
Just to confirm, you can download the torrent or open magnet with vpn on and it does that. But vpn turns off when the files start downloading.

Post automatically merged:
It makes sense.. using torren+s would overburden the already scarce server.

How does it behave if you download a small file like software, MP3 files or some media from sharing sites?

Does vpn switches off when doing the same?

Sorry for these questions.. want to know if they are worth the price..

Back