Audio Introducing Brainwavz M2 -A hands-on preview.

^Well, i personally dont believe that would happen and have personally burned my phones for 8+hrs using my method.

Well to be on a safer side, try for 5hrs, give a break for 5hrs, try again.

Using biflanges helps a bit... I'm still searching for an eq setting that will tame to bass... maybe esantosh can divine the frequency range for it :D

^ If you are using S9 / J3, try the first band at the lowest setting (80Hz). It actually includes everything below 80Hz as well. Set it to something negative keeping the rest of the bands flat. Some experimentation after, you should hit the sweet spot. I don't have the M2. Otherwise, I might have given you my setting as a starting point :(

Trying to learn more about the rockbox eq settings atm (using a Fuze). Problem is that I'm habituated to listen to stuff without eq... it always feels that if I mess with it then I'll be missing something :D

Yeah! It usually bugs a lot if you are not used to EQ-ing :). But, it's fun when you can equalize IEMs / Headphones to your taste. Takes some mental adjustment, but then you won't need to do it for all the IEMs.

Did you try reducing Sound Settings -> Bass to something negative? Or Enable EQ and experiment with the first band. Should help.

Band Gain(dB) Cutoff(Hz) Q Reason

L.S 0.0 60 0.8 Keep same quantity of lows

P.K1 4.5 220 1.2 Boost slightly to make sound a bit fuller

P.K2 7.0 1900 0.5 Vocals/guitars affected

P.K3 7.5 5000 0.5 Cymbals etc

H.S 8.5 7200 0.5 Same

I guess the P.K1 part is the place I've got most problem with as no matter what I do in that range the a bit of the richness of deep vocals etc seems to get lost. Besides I've come to the realization that I really can't change the character of the iem regardless of the amount of eq :S

I guess I should look for something like the DBA-02 which would be detailed and fast but I just am not as trigger happy when it comes to spending on iems like you guys are, so I'm gonna stick with this for a while :D

Btw people talk about V-shaped sound sig and what not; is there any way to get the graphical plot of the output of an iem... or does brainwavz provide them for the m2? I think that would be helpful for me in trying to eq it.

What about EQ-ing LS down, while keeping the rest at 0 and then proceeding from there?

EQ can alter the freq balance a bit. And on freq plot - while I think it might be useful to get the measured FR, I still think it's better to go with the perceived response for EQ-ing. As you know, there are various factors like ear canal shape, depth of insertion, tip, Freq response of the IEM and most importantly, FR of our own ears which determine how an IEM sounds to us. May be you can run a basic frequency sweep to determine how it sounds to you and then proceed from there.

^ + 1 . You wont need an amp for the M2. A cheap amp like Fiio etc will just make the sound more boomy and degrade the detailing . A better quality amp like the P3+ (200$+) etc just adds much more authority to the bass and overall spectrum.

gud news!!!

lets c hw much they price them and wht they offer

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hey faheem

ur sig

Cans = The lush mids of RE1 + the perfect bass of TF10 + the treble of RE-0 along with a 3D soundstage. Denon AH-D5000.

r u serious????

^ Yes ! The D5Ks give me everything that I missed in D2K and more. Loving it :D The bass isn't exactly as fast and tight as TF10s but a little EQ'ing works wonders ;).

Back