Inventory and Billing - which software?

I need help for software for my hardware shop for inventory and billing.
it depends on the volume of business, i would suggest tally if you have big turnover and lot of business. otherwise even android or ios apps does both accounts and inventory.

Unless you really need to use Tally - I would suggest to stay away. There are far better softwares for a small shop, which you can get online ie cloud based and ensure no data needs to be kept on your end.

Please disregard any marketing gimmicks like Tally is authorised GST stuff - there are too many people trying to sell Tally. I have no grouse against Tally, but the fact that it is only for Windows + not exactly online makes it a not so great software for small shop owners.

You want to buy one ? Or, looking for freeware ?
Freeware but also willing to pay if good and meets my requirements.

Unless you really need to use Tally - I would suggest to stay away. There are far better softwares for a small shop, which you can get online ie cloud based and ensure no data needs to be kept on your end.

Please disregard any marketing gimmicks like Tally is authorised GST stuff - there are too many people trying to sell Tally. I have no grouse against Tally, but the fact that it is only for Windows + not exactly online makes it a not so great software for small shop owners.

Can you suggest where to look or who to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of software in these websites which are free, free to try and pay to try. If you are not happy with the freeware collection there, you can try software whose demo is available for free. If that too fails you, read editors review and buy paid software. Personally, I would suggest getting a custom software from local market. I know stores around which get software for 12-15k which works the way you like.

There are a lot of software in these websites which are free, free to try and pay to try. If you are not happy with the freeware collection there, you can try software whose demo is available for free. If that too fails you, read editors review and buy paid software. Personally, I would suggest getting a custom software from local market. I know stores around which get software for 12-15k which works the way you like.

Can you suggest a few of stores.?

Ones I contacted quoted around 20 k

Back