Investments in Reliance Jio (Obviously for Customer data)

Will you be Still using Jio, If Facebook buys Stake in Jio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries and Facebook are exploring the possibility of creating a multipurpose app, similar to Chinese super-app WeChat, by leveraging the WhatsApp platform and user base, said four people familiar with the matter. The two would bring in funding, technical know how and domain expertise for the project, they said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-090119~2.png
    Screenshot_20200417-090119~2.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
Now planning on how to move from Jio. :mad:

Validity is till January 2021. That does not mean, I will be using them till that period. Will look for possible options right after lock-down.

I will not Invest my 2,500 in Jio for the next 1 year though. :p

Privacy issues, Poor 4G speed,Degrading call quality & Connectivity issues. Enough reasons to Shift to Airtel.

Last edited:
Well the harsh reality is, majority people in India love to be products, they don't care about privacy as such when benefits are offered. But then again we end up using an android phone as well, even I do too. So then the question becomes if Google already mines my data without which I cant do shit then why not Jio as well ? We need better laws like GDPR, and I am still sceptical about it.

We need better laws like GDPR, and I am still sceptical about it.
I think it would be too ambitious of us to expect a legislation in our country considering what a shitshow data protection bill was. But, I've heard only good things about GDPR and read a fair bit about it. And all things considered, I too would like it to happen.

What even is this poll about ?
WE all are already sold & compromised decades ago so whats the fuss about now ?
Is TRAI gonna follow this poll votes and thread ?
FB buying few stakes no big deal...

Jio - Happy because their debt has reduced.

Facebook - Access to Jio users data, Barge in to Financial systems like UPI and control what users should do.

- Net Neutrality issues are possible on Jio Infrastructure, because ultimately, Think you are Facebook what you would do .. Impose everyone to use your Services & that will bound to happen!

After trying Facebook basics & failing, they are back again. Remember guys, this is No joke!

There is nothing appreciable for users, Except a WIN-WIN for both companies.

Why JIO when they can buy VODA-IDEA for even less?
Voda idea are stuck with shit load of debts plus saddled with outdated 3g towers. doesnt really make sense for fb buying them when they can get cutting edge pan india 4g operator which can easily upgrade to 5g

Jio - Happy because their debt has reduced.

Facebook - Access to Jio users data, Barge in to Financial systems like UPI and control what users should do.

- Net Neutrality issues are possible on Jio Infrastructure, because ultimately, Think you are Facebook what you would do .. Impose everyone to use your Services & that will bound to happen!

After trying Facebook basics & failing, they are back again. Remember guys, this is No joke!

There is nothing appreciable for users, Except a WIN-WIN for both companies.
They also tried to launch a crypto which was backed by other gians

Out of the top 4 social apps on play store, 3 belong to Facebook and 1 to a Chinese company. Says a lot about us.

Abuse of power and market failure is the first side effect of a monopoly. So when someone so dominant in the social space joins hands with someone so obsessed with becoming a monopoly, there will be fallout.

motabhai = now richest man of asia,
and you antinationals feeling jealous of him ?

Didn't knew when you guys were in queue to submit your aadhar card details ?
You are his product form day one.. now boycotting will bring nothing to you he already has your entire family's janamkundali. :p

99.9% of the public dont care.
Waiting for a leak from some whistle blower working in Jio, let people know what they've collected from people usage patterns.

Sadly, that's not true. Even non educated chauffeurs are saying Jio speed nahi deti hai, Airtel ku chale gaye hum.

They don't give a s#!t about privacy though!

Back