iPad 4 or Google Nexus 10?

fahreneit100

Disciple
I am looking for a tablet for watching movies, playing games and doing some browsing. Which one should I go for - iPad 4 with Retina Display or the Google Nexus 10? I need the capability to use Apps and Games (even the free jailbreaken games). I hope both these tablets can be jailbreaken.

Please give me your suggestions.

iPad has a better catalog of games than other tablets. I have an iPad 2 and despite not being much of a gamer I still find the iPad games more interesting than ones on my Android phone (which are extrapolated to fit droid tabs).

If you want to do things outside of movies, games and browsing, the iPad hits a wall and Android is better there

For

Games : Ipad 4 Hands down unbeatable

Watching Movies : Ipad 4 and nexus 10 both has a good resolution but ipad 4 screen has better color saturation and contrast

Browsing : Nexus 10 has an slight upper hand on ipad 4

Overall Ipad 4 is a premium product whereas Nexus 10 is for the masses, go for Ipad 4 if budget allows :)

If you want to do things outside of movies, games and browsing, the iPad hits a wall and Android is better there
What other things?
There is probably nothing where an android tablet beats iPad.
The only advantage of Nexus 10 is easy availability of cracked .apk!

iOS do have restrictions,but it is far more productive than Android at least for tablet.
Can you find a single Android app like iPhoto or GarageBand for iPad?
There is not a single half decent midi controller available in Android market,you will be extremely lucky to find a remote desktop app in Android which works both with Windows and Mac smoothly.
There isn't a single app like AirPlay for Android.
I can go on and on.

@Op, please mention your budget.

My budget is around 30K. The Nexus 10 is available for 33K+ and the iPad 4 WIfi for around 30K. I can spend the extra 3K+ for the nexus if its worth it.

Can I drag & drop files in iPad through any of the apps?
Is there any way to access a external storage like a micro SD card or something through an iPad?
Is iPad 4 jail-breakable?

I know I can attach an external storage through the Nexus 10 (using a $3 accessory) but the fact that a lot less is available for the Android in terms of content when compared to Apple is confusing me.

You will have to keep a tab on the released JB releases to see if iPad 4 has been breached yet.

There is an adapter called Camera Connection kit, that allows you to connect a memory card and pen drive to it. Some people say you can connect a USB keyboard too. You can buy one one ebay or elsewhere. The official one costs ~1k and many unofficial ones cost around 500 bucks.

Drag and drop is not possible and has to be done through itunes. I haven't JBed my iPad but I think it is possible to copy files after it is done.

Well android is more geared towards the power user just take notifications for example you can change the brightness from the new notification menu, change the wifi status. You can access e-mail from the native lockscreen widget in 4.2 JB, also 16:9 aspect ratio is better than ipad for watching videos.Whereas the iOS is more simpler and robust , better app support and more integrated with itunes , google is closing the gap between ipad and the android tablet day by day though.Overall more aggressive pricing and the most bang for the buck is the main aspects of nexus 10.

iOS do have restrictions,but it is far more productive than Android at least for tablet.....[[snipped]]...There isn't a single app like AirPlay for Android.
I can go on and on.

Different people have different uses, hence I am asking the OP what his requirements are. That is more important than what the devices are capable of.

I assume you too have an iPad and the above example shows how two people can use the same device in different ways since I do not have much use for all the features you put forth. My main usage on the iPad is facetime, e-mails, youtube, manic browsing, reading distros, occasional games (rarely), writing notes, keeping a journal, lots of anime. There are a lot of third party apps are are only available on the iPad and not on Android and I use the iPad for them too.

My main purpose would be movies, music, browsing and games in the order of priority. I love to play games like Age of Empires, Company of Heroes, Simcity etc.

I would suggest iPad personally. I my myself using iPad 2 and find myself using it more over HP Touchpad that I had previously with android.

Well android is more geared towards the power user just take notifications for example you can change the brightness from the new notification menu, change the wifi status. You can access e-mail from the native lockscreen widget in 4.2 JB, also 16:9 aspect ratio is better than ipad for watching videos.Whereas the iOS is more simpler and robust , better app support and more integrated with itunes , google is closing the gap between ipad and the android tablet day by day though.Overall more aggressive pricing and the most bang for the buck is the main aspects of nexus 10.

Who is a power user?
Wifi toggle,brightness level,data,2g/3g switching and even private browsing and tether and a lot more options are available at notification bar for a long time(iOS 4)for jail broken ipad/iphone.
Google is yet to come up even with decent office apps like Pages/Keynote or something as useful as iphoto.
16:9 is good for movies/videos but with 16:10 you can work more comfortably,if you have big charts
Virtually all websites are vertically oriented, as are the majority of applications.
If we are putting it in laymen terms. I'd rather scroll up and down,then scroll to the right because the paragraphs are wide and short, instead of being narrower and long. If that makes any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I drag & drop files in iPad through any of the apps?
Is there any way to access a external storage like a micro SD card or something through an iPad?
Is iPad 4 jail-breakable?

I know I can attach an external storage through the Nexus 10 (using a $3 accessory) but the fact that a lot less is available for the Android in terms of content when compared to Apple is confusing me.
Of course you can drag and drop with something like Diskaid.

CCK works fine with ipad2,do not know bout 4.

Ipad 4 is NOT jail-breakable yet.

For media consumption both are fine but for any productive work,ipad is still miles ahead.

Nexus 10 is clearly the better choice if you are not a fanboy of Apple...it will give you Android which can never be compared to the walled artificial garden that is ios

Disclosure : I have a N10 and love it compared to the ipad of my friend which I tried.

What are the top games available for Android? I would search for some youtube videos and see how each one fares on the N10. I would love to play some games like company of Heroes or Simcity.

Everyone please concentrate on OPs requirements
My main purpose would be movies, music, browsing and games in the order of priority. I love to play games like Age of Empires, Company of Heroes, Simcity etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclosure : I have a N10 and love it compared to the ipad of my friend which I tried.
You cannot determine determine which is better by just trying the ipad for a brief time.

Sorry I play most of my games on Xbox...AFAIK only the popular ios games are there on android...so its kind of a filter,..so you might not be able to play a game which is not popular...

for movies and tv series...I can tell you that it is the best possible...no stutter on full HD files as well...and now all the media players have been updated for HW acceleration.

Back