iphone 4s buy or not

a2j

Disciple
i am looking forward to buy a iphone 4s but i think maybe i should wait for iphone 5.
is iphone 4s worth buy at this point of time ?.
or should i wait for iphone 5. please help me.
and also does iphone 4s features like siri are full functional in india as us?
:S
:huh:

Siri, as per the NDTV video does work Ok with Indian English accent but not very accurate. Also i feel that the novelty of Siri will die (just my opinion) for the user and hence don't consider that as the buying criteria.

iPhone 5 is just a rumour as of now and everything you read on net about big screen, more cores, NFC etc etc is just speculation.

The next iPhone may launch in July 2012 and that is also a speculation, so if you can wait till then, then wait.

If you can then try procuring a used iPhone 4 (not 4S) and save some money as 4S is just an improvised version of iPhone 4. Then when iPhone 5 comes, you can sell the iPhone 4 and add some money and get 5.

raksrules said:
Siri, as per the NDTV video does work Ok with Indian English accent but not very accurate. Also i feel that the novelty of Siri will die (just my opinion) for the user and hence don't consider that as the buying criteria.

It's surprising it's been over a week and there is no comprehensive Siri review for India by any Indian tech website...

Also, with the success of iPhone 4s in US, it's unlikely that iPhone 5 wud come out early 2012, as many people are speculating...

I am noticing a lot of lag on my iPad 1 with ios5 so the speed part should actually help.

Get it if you have the money. Keep in mind SIRI's novelty will die in few weeks. And lets be honest here, you wont be using it outside your house. In office/collage etc, you dont want to be talking to your phone. Why spend 45k for that?
If you are really interested in getting Iphone, get 4 or even 3GS. If you want a really powerful phone, there are many other devices if you look out of Apple. Galaxy S2, Moto Razr etc are equally powerful (current benchmarks dont reflect that, but once ICS is there which utilizes GPU and dual cores properly, these phones will beat 4s, and 4 is already much behind). Also, the Galaxy Nexus has already beaten 4S if I am not wrong, thanks to ICS.

So, if you HAVE to get a Iphone, get 4. Sell it once Iphone 5 comes. Iphone's UI is still the best, and you dont have to worry about upgrades etc.

I think there is one thing you should note. iPhone 4 now seems sluggish in the newer games, latest example is Infinity Blade 2. It gets slow sometimes, which is very irritating. I have started contemplating selling my phone and buying 4S 32GB.

I was using S2 which i replaced with IPhone 4s 3 days back just because of 2 reasons - 1 Android , 2 i was unable to use the phone with just 1 hand !

after 5.0.1 update battery life is slightly better but still little disappointed , though better than S2 .

No jailbreak available as of now for the IOS5 , which is a bummer :|

overall i find 4s to be better than S2 , except for 2 things
Bigger and much better Super Amoled + screen , though for me 3.5 is just perfect , 4.3 is way too big for my liking .

Aniruddh said:
I was using S2 which i replaced with IPhone 4s 3 days back just because of 2 reasons - 1 Android , 2 i was unable to use the phone with just 1 hand !

after 5.0.1 update battery life is slightly better but still little disappointed , though better than S2 .

No jailbreak available as of now for the IOS5 , which is a bummer :|

overall i find 4s to be better than S2 , except for 2 things

Bigger and much better Super Amoled + screen , though for me 3.5 is just perfect , 4.3 is way too big for my liking .
How's Siri working with you. Even, I find the form factor of s2 uncomfortable for a mobile and especially, all the tweaks to save battery life..

Reasons to buy an iPhone 4S:
1. Novelty/Show Off Factor.
2. Seamless Hardware-Software Integration.
3. Never feel outdated with great Software Update Support.

Reasons NOT to buy an iPhone 4S:
1. Insane/Ridiculous/Pathetic Pricing.
2. Better alternatives with 720P Screens available like Galaxy nexus, Note etc.
3. These Android Phones are a lot cheaper as well, when compared to iPhone
4. No customization unless you jailbreak.

Bhutoria_1989 said:
Reasons to buy an iPhone 4S:

1. Novelty/Show Off Factor.

2. Seamless Hardware-Software Integration.

3. Never feel outdated with great Software Update Support.

Reasons NOT to buy an iPhone 4S:

1. Insane/Ridiculous/Pathetic Pricing.

2. Better alternatives with 720P Screens available like Galaxy nexus, Note etc.

3. These Android Phones are a lot cheaper as well, when compared to iPhone

4. No customization unless you jailbreak.

Really that's your argument :no:

iPhone might be a showoff to some people but its not to half the owners. Its simple to use. JB is awesome. And the build quality far exceeds that of any android device, except maybe Razr which is a beautiful device.

Its pricing is pathetic in India but the more than half who have an iPhone in India don't buy it here in the first place so that is a moot point.

The only screen better than iPhone is S2 with its superAMOLED screen, the rest are just bigger. And guess what bigger is not better. Unless you are watching movies 24x7 on the phone usability trumps screen size.

I got my iPhone 4 32GB for 27k. It was brand new. And I'll probably get 4S for the same price. So what does S2 cost? :|

And finally, for the no. 4 argument, ever heard of custom ROMs for android phones? That is called customization. Jailbreaking an iPhone is one of the most easiest things to do.

So the morale of this whole post is, "Stop having assumptions".

I wouldn't ever spend 44.5k on a phone even if I had that kind of money, if you are getting my message here.

There are half a dozen things you can buy at that price, probably a better phone, awesome ear/head phones, probably many more cool things and enhancements and still end up spending about 30k.

comp@ddict said:
I wouldn't ever spend 44.5k on a phone even if I had that kind of money, if you are getting my message here.

There are half a dozen things you can buy at that price, probably a better phone, awesome ear/head phones, probably many more cool things and enhancements and still end up spending about 30k.
^^^^ that's ur take but a lot of people bought sgs2 at 30k onwards price, when it was launched. It's a matter of very short time when iPhone 4s wud come at 30k range in grey market.

There's no point buying iPhone 4S at this moment. High price tag is the main reason. Performance wise it is best but only few games like Infinity Blade 2 will fully optimise the CPU usage. Rest games will work same as they work on iPhone 4. As the time passes more A5 supported games will be out in the market but waiting for them is no brainer. Also I don't think anyone will purchase these games from App store and so jailbreaking your iP4S is necessary which is not possible for few more months, since stable iPad 2 jailbreak is not out yet so it will take much more time for iP4S jailbreak.

Siri is just hype, if it doesn't recognise your accent properly you'll stop using it. Siri looks just better on videos, IMHO. iOS 5, works great on iP4 and even jailbreak/unlock is available.

All that I personally liked the most in iPhone 4S is the camera and 1080p video recording, that it! Rest its not worth the Indian price.

I for one was planning to sell off the GS2 to buy ip4s.

Glad did not do it.

Better battery life was the only thing where i.o.s was ahead of android,now with this 4s they have screwed it up nicely.

The battery life of 4s is as pathetic as GS2(at least here you can uv and uc to make things slightly better)

Imagine what will happen to battery life of iphone when it gets a bigger display.Poor Apple can not even last a full day with such a tiny screen.

I thought I hate Android,now I hate i.o.s even more!!

Even I am using it with 5.0.1(borrowed from my boss)

Battery life is not at all good.

3G,only one mail a/c,30 minutes of call,5 SMS,1.5hr of video(mp4,not even 720p)...died in exactly 14 hrs.

Slightly underclocked,undervolted GS2 on similar(not exactly same,as I am still testing over the weekend) usage..11%remaining after 14hr 26 minutes.

Oh,4s has stopped fetching mail on 5.0.1,I have to check it manually every time.

Something is wrong with Apple lately,Lion has much worse battery life than SL.

And the update to 10.7.2 DID NOT do anything about it(it was promised though)

Same thing is happening with i.o.s 5 too.

mk151 said:
^^^^ that's ur take but a lot of people bought sgs2 at 30k onwards price, when it was launched. It's a matter of very short time when iPhone 4s wud come at 30k range in grey market.

really? Would you spend 30k on a phone and get no warranty with it?

Back