iOS iPhone 4S not charging (sometimes does) but shows fully charged symbol (plug type)

raksrules

Elite
My brother complained that his iPhone 4S is giving some problems. He says that when he connects his iPhone 4S (on iOS 5.1.1) to plug outlet, it does not charge, no charging symbol or anything.
Sometimes the sound of charging comes but then the plug sign comes even when the battery is NOT fully charged.
He says he has tried different cables and charger but still same issue. Sometimes it does charge but still no guarantee.

Anyone has experienced such issue or knows what the root cause is ?

It could be either iOS, battery, USB connector. Reinstall iOS, if no success change battery, on further no its USB connector/ other hardware problem.

Is the Phone JB

Yes and i did tell my brother to start it in safe mode and it initially was behaving the same way (not charging) but he told me that he adjusted the cable where it meets the phone and it was charging then. So there is a probability of some physical connection issues. Lets see how it pans out. He is at work now so i will ask him tomorrow again about it.

Take a Ear Bud Spray Some Drops of Perfume or Body Spray and Clean the Base Unit
Might be some rust on the connectors...

You sure it is not risky and would not trigger the water indicator or cause any problems ?
There are no water trigger indicators in the charging port...
Water triggers are inside the headphone Jack and near the sim tray...
This is the simple and best way..
Else u can use wd40

Back