Iphone 6 plus bending issues

Have you used big screen phones before for prolonged period of time ? I am asking because I always have used small size phones of max 3.5inch screen and not sure how I can use a 5.5 inch one. Once I tried to use samsung infuse and the inability to pocket it properly turned me off.
I have used a bigger screen (Note 2) and yes I suffered a lot with it as it was my regular use mobile. Cant keep it in pant pockets, cant put it in my shirt pocket as it protrudes and finally had to keep it on my office table as soon as i reach office. I dont like keeping my mobile on the tables or rough surfaces btw.
Finally couldnt take the size anymore and so, now I am sporting a Nexus 5 which is way better than Note 2 and am comfortable. A smaller than this phone by couple of inches doesnt hurt so am inline to pickup an iPhone6 as soon as i reach UK in November :)

1411737980lsNO8NEiqK_1_1_l.jpg

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2014/09...ent_iphone_6_covered_by_warranty#.VCawAvkbXC8

Come what may,i am going to get a 6+ whenever someone comes from US for me. This is nothing but taking a dig at Apple but that wont hinder the sales.
Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Oh of all the "bendgate" jokes, i loved the asus "I-flip" the most...
Asus is perhaps the only pc maker still with some traces of innovation left.

Forbes, a not-for-profit magazine, ran a couple of tests to determine what exactly was causing the iPhone bendgate issue. Well, it seems like Apple's iPhone 6 Plus is geometrically flawed. It isn't the build materials or their quality, but the geometry of the device that causes this bending problem to occur.
The area near the volume rockers is the soft spot, and applying pressure directly above it will cause your iPhone 6 Plus to bend easily. Proof for the same was given using pictures from iFixit's iPhone 6 Plus teardown.
A metal bar inserted to reinforce the area around the volume rockers was placed too close to the metal cutouts, thus rendering it ineffective in withstanding large amounts of pressure.
Of course, it goes without saying that you do not try this at home.

13548-212ee7bf_453_194.jpg
13548-2fa8cf49_342_194.jpg
13548-5d82e630_195_194.jpg

SOURCE : http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/13548/how-to-bend-your-new-iphone-6-plus.html

I was correct to an extent,its a geometrical flaw,hope there might be some revisions.

Back