iPhone 6S (Verizon) - Vodafone - Should I expect LTE / VOLTE ?

raksrules

Elite
I am using Vodafone SIM and iPhone 6S. I am in Mumbai. I am not very sure how old my SIM is but I reckon it is not yet old. I do get 4G signal on my phone and speedtest gives me upwards of 20Mbps in good network condition. I have enabled 4G for "Voice and Data" in cellular settings too. Now, I have observed that whenever a call comes, my phone switches to 3G.
On top of this, my office has good 4G signal where I sit but as soon as phone comes, on 3G, the other person cannot hear me anything and I have to go near some window (signal still 3G) for them to hear me.

Now I am not sure whether I should be expecting VOLTE signal ever or at least LTE. When I was using this phone in US, I used to get LTE. Is this related to bands or something? This is Verizon iPhone. I hope I don't have to end up buying a new phone which will set me back by 50+K (since I will need to buy iPhone).

Worst case, I may change provider. Anyone knows which provider would work best with verizon iPhone 6S ?

PS: My wife has iPhone X and she too doesn't get LTE, Only 4G and her phone is also verizon.

Most probably your Verizon iP6S is A1688 model. This link lists all bands available for A1688 model.

Well your link does mention all the bands and yes my phone is the model A1688. I checked this below link for what bands providers use and i see vodafone 3 and 41 in Mumbai (not sure how relevant the information is today since article is 2 years old). It see my phone does have the said bands.

Back