iOS iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X

swatkats

Skilled
wEM1yaV.jpg

Apple iPhone X specifications

• 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical), 625 cd/m2 max brightness, 3D Touch
  • Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
  • 64GB and 256GB storage options
  • iOS 11
  • Water and dust resistant (IP67)
  • 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x, Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
  • 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
  • TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
  • Dimensions: 143.6x 70.9×7.7 mm; Weight: 174grams
  • 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12 hours internet use, up to 21 hours talk time

Apple iPhone 8 specifications

• 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness, 3D Touch
  • Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
  • iOS 11
  • 12MP camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Six‑element lens Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
  • TouchID Fingerprint sensor, Stereo speakers
  • Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3×7.3 mm; Weight: 148grams
  • 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12 hours internet use, up to 14 hours talk time
Apple-iPhone-8-Plus.jpg

Apple iPhone 8 Plus specifications

• 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS 401ppi display, 1300:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness, 3D Touch
  • iOS 11
  • 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.8) cameras, OIS, Optical zoom at 2x; digital zoom up to 10x, Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
  • TouchID Fingerprint sensor, Stereo speakers
  • Dimensions: 158.4x 78.1×7.5 mm; Weight: 202grams
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 13 hours internet use, up to 21 hours talk time
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus come in Gold, Silver and Space Gray colors

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X pricing in India

• iPhone 8 64GB – Rs. 64,000
  • iPhone 8 256GB – Rs. 77,000
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB – Rs. 73,000
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256GB – Rs. 86,000
  • Apple iPhone X 64GB – Rs. 89,000
  • Apple iPhone X 256GB – Rs. 1,02,000

I still like the Galaxy S8's display implementation better than this one as the iPhone X still seems to have thicker side bezels than the S8 and the top bar is absolutely crap.
The camera will steamroll everything else I guess.
Good to know that they have scaled up their big.LITTLE CPU architecture now as well as IP67.
The price is a bit too much for me and frankly I don't see any killer feature that would command 90k but it won't be a roadblock for iPhone loyalists I guess.

As to FaceID just wait for the slew of hacking videos that will come up to fool this system.

Finally someone opened the iphone 8 thread... gone are the days of fighting/sleding every iphone launch event and thread goes for several pages... What happened to TE? where is @avi and other fellows? TE is no more active and interesting :(

For me the X is the model to get if one were inclined to upgrade, but there's 2 problems to this.
A) the price at least in India is hugely prohibitive enough to keep it elite
B) for us owners even on the 6S (which by far has been popularly deemed to be one of the most complete models of all iphone models) there's nothing really major that I find as a MUST have to force an upgrade just yet

for us owners even on the 6S (which by far has been popularly deemed to be one of the most complete models of all iphone models) there's nothing really major that I find as a MUST have to force an upgrade just yet

This is a fact across all mobile platforms. These are only incremental upgrades. Nothing worth switching for. An iPhone 6 32 GB is happily chugging along in the family.

Exactly. Forced redundancy or mechanical failure unrecoverable through spares service will be the reason for me to upgrade.. other than that.. I'm just fine and dandy with my 6S 64GB.

For sure I'd have LOVED better battery life, but that's the only thing that's a pain point for me.. which I've learnt to manage by using a combination of charging habits and having a power bank with me when travelling.. so yeah.. screw the Apple tax is my motto for the foreseeable future.

My wife's 6S is in fact approaching 1yr 7m of use.. and going just fine

I still like the Galaxy S8's display implementation.....

As to FaceID just wait for the slew of hacking videos that will come up to fool this system.

So far yet to get any breach in touch id. American govt had to spend millions to break into iphone 5c and yet to see case of touch id getting hacked.

Didn't FBI get some Israel company help to crack TouchID? Or was that a regular non-TouchID iphone that was unlocked / opened by US law enforcement?

i was thinking the same last night :(
That's a fact and it's been a trend for a while now. TE for some reason simply does not attract the activity that at least one other forum seems to do. Though I have a theory as to why that might be but it's best kept to myself.

For sure though I rue this is a fact. Not a month goes by age I wish TE was much more active in participation that what is currently.

Funny thing is a lot of the members of the other forum are pretty much members here.. but don't seem to be active in general participations except for WTB/For Sale sections.

Overpricing aside, How many of you think iPhone X is ugliest iPhone till date?

I wouldn't term it ugly for sure but yes definitely not the best design we've seen from Apple & most definitely the least attractive of the iPhone models ever released.. mostly only because of the rear camera protrusion and the elongation due to the dual lens setup

Didn't FBI get some Israel company help to crack TouchID? Or was that a regular non-TouchID iphone that was unlocked / opened by US law enforcement?
It was iphone 5c which is without touch id.[DOUBLEPOST=1505367653][/DOUBLEPOST]Even if its able to
Avoid false unlocks with photo or detailed mask of that person then apple and its tech implementation is solid enough.

Samsung and its implementation is already flawed and has been demonstrated to unlock with photographs.[DOUBLEPOST=1505367720][/DOUBLEPOST]Only weird part of entire equation which scares me is machine learning and neural tech implementation in the iPhone. If some rogue player is able to hack that secure enclave and leak the data then its screwed business.[DOUBLEPOST=1505367756][/DOUBLEPOST]Elon musk is cautious of this machine learning and artificial intelligence.

Back