iOS iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X

Just go to apple store. apple had few iphones 8 and 8 plus heating up and in some cases, batteries swelling up and dislodging the display out of the frame.

They were of no help. They asked us to use the phone for some more days and come back.

I would go to the store to check that if you have a warranty, any phone shouldn't heat up, so, go and check that or your battery could die. On my iPhone 7 is everything normal, it isn't heating up even when I use it for all day.
The phone was bought off an apple store itself with the standard warranty. and the apple store guys arent of any help guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1511342805][/DOUBLEPOST]We
^Second that.. Do a factory reset and it should be fine, else visit the phone. My Wife iPhone 8 didn't have this issue

l will try this and let you know..

Any threads here or on other forums pointing to the heating issues with 8plus specifically.

Also it doesnt heat up while normal usage. only while using the camera and nothing else.

They were of no help. They asked us to use the phone for some more days and come back.

The phone was bought off an apple store itself with the standard warranty. and the apple store guys arent of any help guys.

Hmm... that is a really strange problem, I must admit, it is just heating when you are using a camera. I had a problem with Lenovo phone, everything was perfect (and phone was low price) and just one day, one little part of touch-screen stopped working, the rest (like 95% of a touch-screen) was working perfectly fine, I went to the store and they give me another one. You need to go to the store where you bought it and ask for a repair when you have warranty. Hope you didn't buy it on the internet, didn't you?

Hmm... that is a really strange problem, I must admit, it is just heating when you are using a camera. I had a problem with Lenovo phone, everything was perfect (and phone was low price) and just one day, one little part of touch-screen stopped working, the rest (like 95% of a touch-screen) was working perfectly fine, I went to the store and they give me another one. You need to go to the store where you bought it and ask for a repair when you have warranty. Hope you didn't buy it on the internet, didn't you?

Hey as i posted before , i bought it from Apple store attached to reliance digital and went back to the same sales person who sold me the phone. he was also not ready to admit that there was a problem.

Hey as i posted before , i bought it from Apple store attached to reliance digital and went back to the same sales person who sold me the phone. he was also not ready to admit that there was a problem.

Yes, I understand, you are the customer and you are always right! Hope you saved the bill, you can do whatever you want with them if they don't want to check the problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1511426573]

Buy a cheap infrared thermometer. Then either make a video of the phone heating up or do it in front of them. Gone are the days when Apple would proactively swap phones for such trivial issues.

I always had a wonderful customer experience with Apple. Why can't you ring up the call center and they would able to assist you? Also, for any such issues do visit the service center and they can be of help.

Hope your issue will be solved soon.

I always had a wonderful customer experience with Apple. Why can't you ring up the call center and they would able to assist you? Also, for any such issues do visit the service center and they can be of help.

Hope your issue will be solved soon.
did you even read the whole thing before commenting? He visited apple service center and was told to come back at later date

In hyd, apple authorised stores are apple service centers too. smh

Ya works the same in kolkata too... The technician looked at the phone and said there is no problem. He acted as if we were handling an apple device for the first time and hence we do not know anything about them.

^ thermal camera is costly/ not that easily available in india. sucks

Op should just reset his phone and if his problem still doesn't get solved, then he has to write emails to apple and follow up.

No need of thermal camera. Just use a good IR thermometer and show the rise in temperature when using the camera on the phone.

Guys does anybody has Yesbank credit card that the person can help me with a transaction of 89k. Need to buy it from yesbank credit card as there is 10k cb. If anyone has, lemme know.

Back