IPhone bookings open on Airtel too

if u r watching for iphone then friend owns one simple model of 30k and he was saying it will be launched in India for 10 and 8k but may be its contract will be costly :mad: me waiting for n96 though it too costly :( but features better to iphone rather then sound cause iphone has ipod sound :clap: and nokia does not give a good sound feature and also the ambience feature i really admire that feature of iphone and 3g its not aval in India :bleh: till now in future i can't say

^^ please use "." ( fullstops ) and "," (commas) , it makes reading a lot easier for the other members . TY

On Topic : i don't think they will sell it for anything less than 15k :)

xxmjxx said:
if u r watching for iphone then friend owns one simple model of 30k and he was saying it will be launched in India for 10 and 8k but may be its contract will be costly :mad: me waiting for n96 though it too costly :( but features better to iphone rather then sound cause iphone has ipod sound :clap: and nokia does not give a good sound feature and also the ambience feature i really admire that feature of iphone and 3g its not aval in India :bleh: till now in future i can't say

Your writing sucks, can you please try to put it in an understandable format?

~LT

According to Times of India article dated 30th June the actual retail price is well over 350$.

The AT&T price of 199$ is a subsidized price and will not be applicable in India.

I guess it will be somewhere around 20k marker. But what will be the pricing for the contract ?? God Knows .. must wait and watch.

^^ there was an article in TOI yesterday - both vodaphone and airtel have said that subsidising the iphone in india was not feasible and it would be sold at full cost - so ~26k for 8GB and ~37k for the 16GB version. Unless ofcourse apple decides to lower margins in markets like india.

WTH:mad: if 8gb costs 27k... i would go for ipod touch 8gb, jailbreak it and use almost all apps available for iphone..... n for calling purpose use nokia 1200:p

It was going to cost that much anyway including the contract.

But this is ridiculous, if it is going to cost us the full retail price then WTH should we buy it from Vodafone and Airtel. Why are we not given the option of buying it from the market and choose the service provider of our choice.

The mergers makes no sense if there is no relaxation in prices.

At direct exchange rates the unsubsidized prices mentioned by AT&T is 599/699, so that translates into 26000/30000. Given our penchant for huge markups this could go north depending on Airtel/Vodaphone busines plans and positioning for India.

At those rates it will have the same sort of sales as the more expensive Nokia's. Even now just a limited section of the market blows money 20 plus on Mobile phones. I would have thought they would price it at 19,999 and 24,999. That seems more realistic.

ranjitpai said:
It was going to cost that much anyway including the contract.

But this is ridiculous, if it is going to cost us the full retail price then WTH should we buy it from Vodafone and Airtel. Why are we not given the option of buying it from the market and choose the service provider of our choice.

The mergers makes no sense if there is no relaxation in prices.

That's what I think. If we have to pay the full retail price, why the hell would we buy Locked phones from Vodafone or Airtel?

Why not allow us to buy from the Retail market and use it with any provider?

Anyways, there will soon be an iPhone 3G 2nd Gen which will include Video Calling.

3G in India is still long way to go and if it does take of soon I can use my Nokia 6630 which is 3G as well minus Video Calling.

Back