Iphone se 2020 launched at Rs 42500

Slow!! What do you use it for? I used a 2014 MBA till late 2019 for music production (LPX with izotope stuff), yes it was not blazing fast, but perfectly usable. Are you editing 4K videos in it?
I thinks his Mac does not have an SSD, that will make a lot of performance difference.

Must be, I assumed all retina MBPs come with SSD ( completely forgot about HDDs in laptops, very few new ones have them these days)
Personally, I am very excited about this iphone, finally an iphone with a very reasonable price tag after a very long time. However if I was in India, a 40k phone would have been way out my budget. My middle class mentality kicks in once a phone crosses 400 USD.

Last edited:
Mine comes with an SSD. I can't imagine using this machine without an SSD lol.

I already mentioned what I use it for. what may be fast for you may not be fast for me. It's definitely slow for 2020 standards. Opening apps, scrolling websites, boot up time, time to wake up from standby etc is not as fast as when it used to be when it was new and it's a very noticeable difference. my i5 pc I built around the same time still feels blazing fast although I know it's not a fair comparison. If I could upgrade to a newer version rn, I wouldn't think twice.

I am looking to buy I Phone SE. Is it worth buying?

It is worth if you think it is worth. Totally depends on what you want from your phone, starting first with iOS or Android. If you are set on iOS then this question comes up else people here or anywhere else will suggest you Android phones.
Now if you want iOS device, then you need to decide if you want a larger screen than what the SE offers (4.7 Inch) then you can go for XR / 11. Anything above that comes in premium / pro category of iPhones. Even 11 is pricier than XR obviously due to XR being one year older than 11.

4.7 inch/720p display ... i don't think 42k is even remotely justified.
One can get far-far better phone in that price in India. with beefy specs.

Also, apple 's build quality is gone in drain in recent past.
Flexing a OnePlus and Flexing an Iphone gives very different reactions

Wait another 5 months if you can and then buy either the XR or 11 when iPhone 12 is released. SE will make sense only to people who WANT a small phone.

iPhone 6 was released in 2014. I still have it and now I am using it since yesterday. Besides the poor battery (performance optimisation due to battery) and the screen size, personally I don't see any reason to dump it. Battery I can get replaced but cant do anything about the screen size. So unless you have the knack of upgrading every other year, the iPhones do offer a fairly good package for years. Until you manage to drop and break it, like I did. Then you better pay through your nose. So my recommendation is:
  • Not to buy in the budget range which you cannot easily afford
  • Its ok to buy two generations old iPhone
PS: I hope the next iPhones are USBC, it is rather stupid of them to keep only one device on Lightening now.

Last edited:
For those like to invest in Mac Book here is a nice YT channel you may like to follow / watch

And Some :D:D for the price-conscious people

For those whose primary device is only their phone for all purposes then owning a biggest size phone is pretty understandable. But for those people who also happen to have desktop/laptop/tablet as their main computing device or are using a smart tv for media than a small phone is not such a big problem.

In fact they have way better in hand feel and are much more portable. They look classy imho.

I dont think price of 42k even for iphone (only having 4.7inch screen) is justified in 2020.Apple could've priced it around 30k then it was doable.Dont get me wrong i am an apple user too i love the ecosystem having macbook air,ipad air and iphone se(old one) Would've love to upgrade to new iphone se but price is just too much.I would better save some money and go for xr.

I dont think price of 42k even for iphone (only having 4.7inch screen) is justified in 2020.Apple could've priced it around 30k then it was doable.Dont get me wrong i am an apple user too i love the ecosystem having macbook air,ipad air and iphone se(old one) Would've love to upgrade to new iphone se but price is just too much.I would better save some money and go for xr.

yes xr is a better option i was also planning to upgrade from 6s but at this price its not worth. used 64 gb variant of iphone x for 25-30k or iphone xs 35-40k makes more sense but the thing that worries me is that many users are have issues with face id its stops working so what the fix in that case

yes xr is a better option i was also planning to upgrade from 6s but at this price its not worth. used 64 gb variant of iphone x for 25-30k or iphone xs 35-40k makes more sense but the thing that worries me is that many users are have issues with face id its stops working so what the fix in that case

The faceid stop working is something specific to a model? Asking since my wife has iPhone X since launch (US bought) and she doesn't have any such issue with face id.

For those like to invest in Mac Book here is a nice YT channel you may like to follow / watch

And Some :D:D for the price-conscious people

Everything the guy says in the second video is basically wrong or just him buying shit without research. You get same ahem software support as windows, infact much easier.
The issue is he bought an apple laptop like he buys windows laptops, without research. You dont buy an apple laptop without research. He didnt know it doesnt have full size ports? lol Im sorry, his ignorance is not apples fault. He paid 25k for Final cut Im sorry, I dont know how he even does business.
Post automatically merged:

I think the price will go down, but mate, this phone is for people who wanted a cheaper entry level device. For a lot of older people re-learning everything is very hard. Most are locked into imessage etc. Familes are on it. You dont have it, you're basically out of the conversation with them. Its not as easy as you think and this gives those people a chance to buy a new phone without breaking the bank.

Besides, its wrong to compare apple with androids, seeing how apple phones get updates upto 4-5 yrs and you're luck if your androind gets updates for 2-3 yrs max. even then its mostly unusably slow. And have you see the Oneplus prices? :D

i was looking to buy iphone x from olx
The faceid stop working is something specific to a model? Asking since my wife has iPhone X since launch (US bought) and she doesn't have any such issue with face id.

i have seen listings of iphone x on olx in india many have mentioned face id not working, it may be an issue with few phones

Back