iOS iPhone Xs sim not valid error

girish925

Adept
hi one of my good friend purchased a iphone xs from dubai last for around 70k it worked with vodafone sim for a year after their bad service she ported to airtel now it shows sim not valid error. i checked on imei24 the phone is blacklisted how come the shop she got sold him a unlocked phone, a friend who owns a mobile repair shop told me to get in touch with apple service centre they will solve it either for free or a take a charge. whats the solution for this ?

hi one of my good friend purchased a iphone xs from dubai last for around 70k it worked with vodafone sim for a year after their bad service she ported to airtel now it shows sim not valid error. i checked on imei24 the phone is blacklisted how come the shop she got sold him a unlocked phone, a friend who owns a mobile repair shop told me to get in touch with apple service centre they will solve it either for free or a take a charge. whats the solution for this ?

It appears that the phone was blacklisted long ago but may be vodafone doesn't care and still allowed phone to be activated on their network while airtel does cross check that list. Does he have access to someone's Jio sim to check if it works in Jio network?

So did she formatted her device ?

First you need to check which carrier it's locked/blacklisted to Get her imei number and purchase IMEI check service online they'll provide you each and every detail of the device, Carrier, locked/blacklisted everything once you get most probably you'll get that it's locked, If its locked you need to get it unlocked.

If it's not showing any simcard it's quite possible the Sim slot is damaged.

It appears that the phone was blacklisted long ago but may be vodafone doesn't care and still allowed phone to be activated on their network while airtel does cross check that list. Does he have access to someone's Jio sim to check if it works in Jio network?
Indian Telecom companies don't care about blacklisted devices bought overseas.

@rkkaranrk the phone is blacklisted i did a online check but it was sold as a unlocked piece to him in dubai he called the shop guy told him its a unlock piece and he needs to visit the apple service centre they can help phone sim slot seems to be fine this only happened after the airtel sim was installed it was working fine on the vodafone sim :(

Hello... for what it is worth, something similar happened with me. The phone was purchased via contract in the UK. While coming to India, a charge was paid to make the phone sim free. It worked for a while in India, and when we swapped the airtel sim with another, the phone didn't recognize it.

Went to Apple guys (they are mostly idiots here in India) and they said it was stolen and they have to report to the police. Launched into them, wrote to Apple care, showed them mails from the UK service providers and got it resolved.

Showing your past records on voda will also help.

As long as it was legitimately purchased, you shouldn't have an issue.

@rkkaranrk the phone is blacklisted i did a online check but it was sold as a unlocked piece to him in dubai he called the shop guy told him its a unlock piece and he needs to visit the apple service centre they can help phone sim slot seems to be fine this only happened after the airtel sim was installed it was working fine on the vodafone sim :(
If it's blacklisted Indian apple service centre cannot help you, You have to get it unlocked thru a paid service now for this you first need to check which carrier owns this device after that u need to buy the unlocking service for that perticular carrier which can cost anywhere from 2k to 20k.

Apple will straightaway refuse to unlock it. If you have the patience and proper documents, they will unlock it for free ( happens very frequently here with iphones bought from US)

Apple will straightaway refuse to unlock it. If you have the patience and proper documents, they will unlock it for free ( happens very frequently here with iphones bought from US)

proper documents as in shop bill copy is available i tried search for unlock methods on ebay only available for networks in us also we are not aware which cellular network this is locked with :(

Any update on this thread? By brother had the same issue. iPhone Xs bought from the US. Had a Vodafone Sim earlier. Worked for a solid one and half year. Vodafone got shitty so he ported to Airtel. On inserting Airtel or any other SIM says its invalid.

Any update on this thread? By brother had the same issue. iPhone Xs bought from the US. Had a Vodafone Sim earlier. Worked for a solid one and half year. Vodafone got shitty so he ported to Airtel. On inserting Airtel or any other SIM says its invalid.

I have a verizon 6S bought from US. On Vodafone Mumbai it would work great. Shifted to airtel and 4G stopped working 99% of time. I did lot of investigation and found that whenever my phone was connected to Band 40 of airtel, 4G won't work. If any other band, it would work and 99% time it was connected to Band 40 only.

I had to stop using my 6S for 4 months and used 5S where airtel 4G was working. Then I ported back to Vodafone and now back to using my 6S.

Back