Video IPL on Hotstar - Heavy Pixellation

It's tough to make my mom understand that the issue is with the App, as soon as she see the TV stutters to play a video, she comes to me and says 'Are you downloading any games, tv is not working'. She's is still stuck up in the 128Kbps plan :p
Is this free plan or paid? I faced similar thing while using free, it wasn't stuttering but like worse YouTube compression quality in serials. As soon as I subscribed to premium never faced that issue ever again. If it's the same in paid plan i think you should complain and get a refund, it's ridiculous after paying money you have to deal with this.

Is this free plan or paid? I faced similar thing while using free, it wasn't stuttering but like worse YouTube compression quality in serials. As soon as I subscribed to premium never faced that issue ever again. If it's the same in paid plan i think you should complain and get a refund, it's ridiculous after paying money you have to deal with this.
Its premium plan, anyways it expires by this month. Will have 2nd thoughts now. Problem is I've cut the cable, so all TVs and Movies are via OTTs now.

Its premium plan, anyways it expires by this month. Will have 2nd thoughts now. Problem is I've cut the cable, so all TVs and Movies are via OTTs now.
I did the same for this year, cancelled dth subscription as everything is available in Disney hotstar and sun NXT which comes to only 32rs per month vs 250rs+ per month with dth. I'd suggest contacting their support to get it resolved as i don't see any issues in video quality.

I use it on Chromecast with Google TV and the best part is that their support team keeps asking for "stats for nerds" or whatever the Hotstar equivalent is for any video quality issues, when they have removed it from the Google TV app, which has a completely different UI than the Android TV one.

I wasted so much time with them including receiving nonsensical replies that Chromecast is not supported (referring to the streaming dongle) until a month later when they finally acknowledged that they have created a new app for Google TV and that feedback is welcome.

I have just given up on Hotstar considering they are not intent on sports rights and are now also losing HBO at the end of this month. I have it till end of Nov on account of Times Prime which will cover the WC, after which I will not bother with Hotstar any more.

Back