Audio Ipod headphones/ear plugs/whatever

KingKrool

Skilled
I have ear plugs which came with my iPod Nano.

God knows they hurt my ears like hell. If I want to replace them....

do they use a standard form factor? That is, can I plug in any other normal headphones (like the ones I use with my computer) without damaging anything?

And if I want to buy more comfortable stuff (earplugs in that case for portability) can you suggest some cheap, decent quality (same as the base model) and easy on the ears models?

Yup i think u can plug any normal headphones to ur IPod. I won't suggest those earplugs as they are not safe to use.

I would suggest Sennheiser PX100 if u want portability and if u can lay ur hands on it.

Dude, what part of cheap did you misunderstand?:bleh:
I am not an audiophile... I just like to have music on in the background. Much simpler suggestions (say 10-15 USD) will do. The PX100 is in the 45 USD range..

you can get the senheisser mx100 or mx300...they sell for well under 1k afaik

get them at sound out at heerapanna if ur in mumbai

IEMs won't be as comfortable as headphones. You can check the sennheiser site. They have some nice portable headphones; I forgot the model names.

For $10-15, it'll be difficult to get decent earplugs or headphones, what you'll get will be pretty much the same form-factor as your ipod earbuds...

Try looking for a deal on the Creative Ep-630, they are pretty good and fairly comfy, but they seem to be close to $30 :(

Compare Prices on Creative Technology EP-630 Consumer Headphones

I understand you don't want great quality but trust me you'll hate it when your new comfy earphones sound very distinguishably worse than your existing ones...we aren't talking subtle tonal differences that only so called golden eared audiophiles can make out....

Given the fact that the bundled ipod plugs aren't too bad (quality wise) and also that you want IEMs/Headphones (which tend to be more expensive than regular earplugs), pretty much anything that you buy in the 10-15 range will tun out to be a disappoinment

KingKrool said:
I have ear plugs which came with my iPod Nano.
God knows they hurt my ears like hell. If I want to replace them....
do they use a standard form factor? That is, can I plug in any other normal headphones (like the ones I use with my computer) without damaging anything?
And if I want to buy more comfortable stuff (earplugs in that case for portability) can you suggest some cheap, decent quality (same as the base model) and easy on the ears models?

does the earplugs remaining in your ear hurt or the sound coming from them is harsh and unbearable ???

for 10 -15 $ , go for Koss headphones ... KSC-75 is the best but look out for other models based on what you are looking for

They hurt in that they physically cause pain... pinch my ears from the inside, if that is how they can be described. I am not complaining about the sound quality.

Back