Ipod Photo Pics and small review

Whiplasher

Disciple
Here is a small review of my 40 gb ipod photo and some nice pics as well.

Looks

What can i say? Its probably the iconic device of our times and has the classic apple look. Its also very compact and can be carried easily.

Ease of Use

The ease of use is unbelievable. The click wheel is truly a wonder to use. The player integrates well with itunes but you can use other applications like anapod explorer and realplayer to manage it as well. However for transfering photos, currently only the itunes will let you manage that.

Sound Quality

Sound quality is decent but the bass output is definately lacking. The bundlesd earphones are also a bit too bright which adds to the problem. Using this with my etymotic er6i i desperately wished for more bass. Apple have corrected the problem with the new shuffles which uses a push pull circuitry for better sound qualtiy . When i tested the shuffle there was a definite discernible increase in sound quality. The preset equalisers are poor and it is a waste to use them. If you are a serious rocker you will want to get slightly bassy phones to make up for this weakness. However if u listen to everything else you will have no complaints.

Battery Life

The increase in size means that a bigger battery is used with the larger hard disks and this enables the ipod photo to give an improved 15 hours of battery life. Note though that browsing from song to song and increasing file quality and better earphones does decrease the battery life.

Photos

The ipod has a vivd color screen and displays photos and also album art. The itunes player is used to upload photos. It automatically resizes them to fit the ipod. Using the cable you can have a slideshow run on your television with the songs playing on the Tv's speakers. Photos can be viewed even while playing songs.

Conclusion

All in all the best overall player in the HDD market. Others may beat it in a few categories but when you take all things into consideration this is the one to beat.

Ps. The babe on the screen rocks doesnt she?? :cool2:

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 191
Hehe this is strange :S. I have an ipod shuffle atm and I feel that the bass is too bloated :p. Maybe we shud switch earphones :D

Chaos said:
Hehe this is strange :S. I have an ipod shuffle atm and I feel that the bass is too bloated :p. Maybe we shud switch earphones :D
have you set the eq to off ? i find the bass ok on my mini..

Well maybe its the etymotic canal phones. The ipod sounds great with the sennheiser px 100. Canal phones in general dont have a lot of bass and plus u need to have a good seal in order to get good sound quality.

Yes but its also bulkier, not as cool and not as intuitive to use. Ithink several players beat the ipod in 1 or 2 departments. But in the final analysis all of them fall short.

Aces170 said:
I have heard both an IPOD and a Creative Nomad Zen, I prefered the Creative and not too mention its much cheaper too.
The creative player has better audio quality than the ipod any day. But in ergonomics and looks, the ipod cannot be beat :). I'm planning to get some sennheiser or bang and olufsen earphones. Hope that'll fix it.

The creative player has better audio quality than the ipod any day. But in ergonomics and looks, the ipod cannot be beat . I'm planning to get some sennheiser or bang and olufsen earphones. Hope that'll fix it.

Infact the new Creative Zen that Techmaster has bought has the touch pad which is an awesome feature as you can browse quickly and its very small and compact. Apple just has the name and looks if you ask me an IRIVER looks better...

BTW whippie u seem to be a serious DT fan :). Just like me :D. I see my favorite song (Fatal Tragedy) in that playlist of urs!

Back