iOS New iPod touch launch

Lots of people still listen to ipod even today. Some still possess good old models.
We all know it has been quite few years modern smartphones have eliminated the need of extra dedicated audio, travel & shooting gadgets. They alone can very well handle all-in-one!
But there are times when we just want to enjoy only one single feature without being disturbed.
Eg: while sleeping we can tune to iPods where we are only connected with pure music and no calls, notifications or nagging alerts.

I haven't seen an iPod for a couple of years now. Not sure how this is gonna work out for Apple. But then, it's Apple... Fanbois will buy!

Disclosure: I also use only iPhones in the family and have an iPad. But I ain't a fanboi! :p

I used to own one when i couldnt afford an iphone. Now this gadget is irrelevant, only students may get this by parents who dont want to give their students phones. Although even for this most prefer a ipad 7 inch.

Lots of people still listen to ipod even today. Some still possess good old models.
We all know it has been quite few years modern smartphones have eliminated the need of extra dedicated audio, travel & shooting gadgets. They alone can very well handle all-in-one!
But there are times when we just want to enjoy only one single feature without being disturbed.
Eg: while sleeping we can tune to iPods where we are only connected with pure music and no calls, notifications or nagging alerts.
You can just turn on do not disturb feature and airplane mode and get same result.

I saw some YT video a month or so back by some audio lover on why such music players are going out of fashion and he had a very expensive Sony player. He got the same audio quality out of a (MI A1? i think) android phone with a dragonfly usb amplifier connected via usb. His reasoning was spend more money on the dap and use a cheap android phone with an sdcard for storage. Such ipods / standalone dap's have very limited storage options and don't even get any updates if they run on android. Most people just listen to mp3's (very few listen to flac) and any good headphone amplifier will give them very close or better output than the standalone devices.

Back