iRiver says 'Thank you' to Apple

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
iRiver, a manufacturer of MP3 players, is far from bitter about the iPod's overwhelming success, according to the company's spokesperson who said that Apple has increased the overall music market.
"In a lot of ways, we have to say thank you to Apple. They have generated so much interest in this category. As the saying goes: 'A rising tide lifts all boats.'" Copley News Service says that the iPod phenomenon has taken on a life of its own: "Whether it's lack of competition, Apple's marketing hip-notism or something about the look and feel of the iconic little gizmo, it's hard to pinpoint precisely why such devotion is showered on the iPod. Danika Cleary, a senior marketing manager for Apple, guesses it has to do with 'the iPod being so small -- hand-held. And it has rounded edges and circles. [Users] kind of covet it, in a way. We've seen people caress them." The article also notes that users have gone so far as to give their iPods names as well.
[RANK="www.macnn.com/articles/05/05/26/apple.expands.music.market/"]Source[/RANK]

Can any1 quote me the price of the most sasta IPod one can get here in india..maybe then the we can play a "who's Ipod's got the best nick contest..."...i guess 1gb will be sufficient for me...(damn so much for an IPOD... :no: )

hahaa . i own you guyz ;) :p just kidding . i have the Apple iPod Shuffle 1GB . ultra slim player !! fanastic but no display :( hey all my favourite songs are loaded so i know "what it is playing" .

i got it from Australia for 8K :D

Back