Is Aadhar and mobile linking mandatory

I'm holding off as long as i can. But as doc said above resistance is futile and eventually the noose will tighten.

No other country has such omnipresent digital ID system, biometric or not. Why is govt. hell bent on making it mandatory for a third world country with second largest population? This whole exercise, coupled with digitization push points to surveillance state.
Heck no country is so heavily populated maybe thatswhy.[DOUBLEPOST=1512081618][/DOUBLEPOST]Aadhar makes sense guy you are overacting like girls.

Heck no country is so heavily populated maybe thatswhy.[DOUBLEPOST=1512081618][/DOUBLEPOST]Aadhar makes sense guy you are overacting like girls.

Aaadhar makes sense in some respects if its used only as a identification mechanism.

1. It should not a banking instrument on its own and sticks to being just an Id.
2 The entire system is made secure

Aadhar system allows both transactions (deposit and withdrawal) from a bank account that is linked to Aadhar. That means aadhar is a bottleneck for your bank security. Even if you are confident that your bank is secure, Aadhar can become a backdoor to get access to your bank account if a person could get into the aadhar systems even they don't have access to the

When govt hired security experts (and self proclaimed hackers) claim that systems are unbreakable, then there is something very seriously wrong with how the security is being approached. This has been the case for both Aadhar and UPI. It is common sense in system security world that everything is breakable. Such misguided arrogance is how breaches are allowed to happen. The copious use of MD5 hashing (in e-sign and other documentations that I could see on the net) is another proving point. No system that needs to be secure should be relying on MD5. Heck they should not be relying on SHA1.

The only form of security that the Aadhar system seems have is threats of legal action for aadhar abuse and that would be after the entire house burns which is a piss poor replacement for a secure system.

We already have cases of aadhar data abuse by corporate entities like Airtel. Airtel for instance has been caught opening Airtel bank accounts using the aadhar authentication done for linking aadhar to mobile number. They had also changed the default bank account to their Airtel bank account which means that any subsidy deposits would also go to airtel accounts.

Airtel was exposed, but what if it were Reliance which has political clout with present govt. What if they start a reliance bank and transfer money from your aadhar linked bank to the reliance bank account when do aadhar authentication for some reason?

Last edited:
What shit is this?

aadhar-1.jpg

Source: Economic Times

wtf? didn't know even insurance was mandatory. have 2-3 policies in different branches from one end of mumbai to another. stupid govt offices keep shifting every now and then for some reason.

wtf? didn't know even insurance was mandatory. have 2-3 policies in different branches from one end of mumbai to another. stupid govt offices keep shifting every now and then for some reason.

Linking is mandatory for everything related to money. That include post office schemes (NSC, PPF and the like) insurance and stock market (demat accounts) also.

I haven't linked aadhaar to jackshit and I ain't doing it unless the SC comes out & proves on which side of the fence they are, because unfortunately for us these guys have been sitting on the fence for damn long time.

They could have expedited the matter but some part of me believes they've purposely kept the country waiting on tenterhooks. As expected the GOI has played the "too big to fail" card. Aadhaar is a privacy nightmare with ZERO accountability for any government agency. Nandan can tom tom his crap being ultra secure etc.. I ain't having any of it.

lol, in the psu I worked in my division head's erp account was operated by his pa and more than a few of the contract employees also knew the login info. this was an account that had the final say in transactions running into hundreds of crores over a year. i bet aadhar is going to be super secure though.

Why is the govt threatening to cut off stuff that is not linked to aadhaar and subsidies if it is voluntary? What has a life or medical insurance policy got to do with subsidies? why should we link them to aadhaar? Modi was telling believe me I'm doing everything for sake of people. looks like he's doing everything to give as much trouble to people whether they get subsidy or not. even the subsidy part is looking like a sham now. they will probably remove all subsidies telling anyone earning more than 10 rupees a day is a rich guy and doesn't require any subsidies.

unless people revolt and start beating the crap out of these politicians nothing good is going to happen in coming years.

I haven't linked aadhaar to jackshit and I ain't doing it unless the SC comes out & proves on which side of the fence they are, because unfortunately for us these guys have been sitting on the fence for damn long time.

They could have expedited the matter but some part of me believes they've purposely kept the country waiting on tenterhooks. As expected the GOI has played the "too big to fail" card. Aadhaar is a privacy nightmare with ZERO accountability for any government agency. Nandan can tom tom his crap being ultra secure etc.. I ain't having any of it.

Supreme Courts stance on aadhar number linking for mobile number is clear. They want all numbers authenticated and it the court which directed it and gave a period of 1 year to the govt to complete it. Stance on other things is still under discussion.

Back