Is Aadhar and mobile linking mandatory

Can these people make up their minds already ? Which one is it for linking bank accounts ? 31st Dec or 31st Mar ? They're still trying to get people to panic and apply for one, at the end of the month they'll extend it to 31st Mar, at least that's what I think will happen, something @Julian too has already stated.
Also it says that the accounts will be deactivated temporarily after Dec 31st until an enrollment number is provided if you haven't linked, this is the kind of bs that has kept me away from this crap.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...for-bank-a/c-linking/articleshow/62028964.cms

Looks like they've all stepped up the scare mongering.. I've started getting automated playback calls from banks asking for linkage of Aadhaar immediately.

Holding true to pattern as some media have commented.. the govt will wait until the nth minute to issue a clarification on the deadlines.. but till then it looks like they've cracked the whip on institutions behind the scenes to make desperate push on scaring people into linking.

I'm just shocked at the SC's lethargy in issuing a stay order however..

Looks like they've all stepped up the scare mongering.. I've started getting automated playback calls from banks asking for linkage of Aadhaar immediately.

Holding true to pattern as some media have commented.. the govt will wait until the nth minute to issue a clarification on the deadlines.. but till then it looks like they've cracked the whip on institutions behind the scenes to make desperate push on scaring people into linking.

I'm just shocked at the SC's lethargy in issuing a stay order however..

same here. already got sms from bank and mutual fund companies asking me to link aadhaar number by 31st dec.

Last edited:
See here's the thing.. while these predominantly focus on bank account linking.. the massive annoyance is that there's a whole list of stuff being asked to be linked.. mutual funds (Stock Exchanges magically issued a directive suddenly earlier this month asking MF AMC's to ensure investors link Aadhaar).. credit cards, driving licences, vehicle registrations, flat registrations etc etc.. the chaos this shit has caused now means a massive headache for the common man who wants to resist Aadhaar. I foresee a lot of long frustrating calls with various "customer support" terms who will only pay minimal lip service and blame regulations

Straight from the horse's mouth this time.

jrFizJX.jpg

See here's the thing.. while these predominantly focus on bank account linking.. the massive annoyance is that there's a whole list of stuff being asked to be linked.. mutual funds (Stock Exchanges magically issued a directive suddenly earlier this month asking MF AMC's to ensure investors link Aadhaar).. credit cards, driving licences, vehicle registrations, flat registrations etc etc.. the chaos this shit has caused now means a massive headache for the common man who wants to resist Aadhaar. I foresee a lot of long frustrating calls with various "customer support" terms who will only pay minimal lip service and blame regulations

Don't get started. There are way too many things that are yet to come in the list.

This stubborn govt will drive people away from insurance policies. When money stops coming into insurance companies and the govt backed insurance companies can't "invest" in govt bonds or back govt based banks, the FM will probably get his head out his ass. Guy thinks he's so smart now. Thing is, when people get backed into a corner, they start pulling out of anything they feel is not necessary for them.

From Jan 1st you can link your mobile number with aadhaar through the OTP method, so shouldn't be a hassle to visit the stores.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...e-to-aadhaar-via-otp/articleshow/61991997.cms

because of this
Over 50 crore subscribers have still to get their numbers confirmed.

i had gone to the local vodafone mini center but that guy drove me away. reason, they don't have facility to do out of circle verification. even vodafone's website says they don't allow out of circle verification. what's the use of internet based verification then? stupid company.

Aaadhar makes sense in some respects if its used only as a identification mechanism.

1. It should not a banking instrument on its own and sticks to being just an Id.
2 The entire system is made secure

Aadhar system allows both transactions (deposit and withdrawal) from a bank account that is linked to Aadhar. That means aadhar is a bottleneck for your bank security. Even if you are confident that your bank is secure, Aadhar can become a backdoor to get access to your bank account if a person could get into the aadhar systems even they don't have access to the

When govt hired security experts (and self proclaimed hackers) claim that systems are unbreakable, then there is something very seriously wrong with how the security is being approached. This has been the case for both Aadhar and UPI. It is common sense in system security world that everything is breakable. Such misguided arrogance is how breaches are allowed to happen. The copious use of MD5 hashing (in e-sign and other documentations that I could see on the net) is another proving point. No system that needs to be secure should be relying on MD5. Heck they should not be relying on SHA1.

The only form of security that the Aadhar system seems have is threats of legal action for aadhar abuse and that would be after the entire house burns which is a piss poor replacement for a secure system.

We already have cases of aadhar data abuse by corporate entities like Airtel. Airtel for instance has been caught opening Airtel bank accounts using the aadhar authentication done for linking aadhar to mobile number. They had also changed the default bank account to their Airtel bank account which means that any subsidy deposits would also go to airtel accounts.

Airtel was exposed, but what if it were Reliance which has political clout with present govt. What if they start a reliance bank and transfer money from your aadhar linked bank to the reliance bank account when do aadhar authentication for some reason?
That just reminds me your "banking" email id is hacker's dream now. Gmail of two of my team members at work was hacked and their credit card was used by unknown people. I REQUEST ALL TO ACTIVATE TWO STEP VERIFICATION IN YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT. SIGNING IN WITH AN OTP. Just to be safe.

That just reminds me your "banking" email id is hacker's dream now. Gmail of two of my team members at work was hacked and their credit card was used by unknown people. I REQUEST ALL TO ACTIVATE TWO STEP VERIFICATION IN YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT. SIGNING IN WITH AN OTP. Just to be safe.

And what if hackers are able to clone someone's SIM?

apparently my icici demat ac name and aadhaar name don't match exactly like it is written on aadhaar. The only difference i saw was my name was in all caps on icici direct site but in aadhhar card it was camel case - Firstname Lastname

Trying to update the name is like trying to update everything from start. Is the best solution to close the account and open a new one? There's HDFC, Axis, ICICI, SBI, IDFC and some other RB bank near my house. I'm guessing most of them allow demat account trading.

**** this govt. just giving people headaches after headaches. what a shit fest this is.

You don't require aadhaar to get a a sim. At first all telco operators will deny you sim without e-kyc and aadhaar. Don't argue with them , file a grievance with pgportal.gov.in , you will be able to get your sim or port out without aadhaar.

https://twitter.com/chetan_cbe/status/945992977603686400

Speaking out of personal experience. Do not fall for the "we will block your number" crap.

For existing users. You have time till 31/3/2018 to link it, depending on the outcome in S C.

Back