Is Aadhar and mobile linking mandatory

We have been bombarded with coercive and threatening reminders to do so or be left penniless and sans communication.

What is meant by penniless or does it mean your cards won't work in which case cash & cheque is fine

Does your phone not connect anymore , do you lose your number

They are relying on the fear of inconvenience

How good will compliance be not to mention enforcement

I remember airtel telling me to verfy my address or face disconnection. I did nothing. This was five years ago. I reasoned they would never cut off a paying customer. As it is if you want to leave them they have people work you over to hold on to you. Very clingy

Call their bluff. What happens next

Airtel did disconnect a lot of prepaid customers in Punjab for not submitting KYC. So it does happen and this time, its the supreme court which ordered the govt to complete this exercise of authenticating all mobile numbers. Non compliance would have very serious consequences for any operator.

Banks too will do it if the court rules in favor of the linking. Regulatory requirements will always supersede customer retention.

https://www.outlookindia.com/websit...m-passport-and-change-colour-to-orange/306756

The Ministry of External Affairs is considering a proposal to issue new passports without the last page that contains the residential address of the passport holder.

“The decision to keep the last page of the passport blank was made to protect the citizens’ details,” Surendera Kumar, the undersecretary of policy and legal matters at the Consular, Passport and Visa Division of the ministry, told the newspaper.

Oh, the irony of it. :rolleyes:

Keeping up with linking Aadhar, I received an SMS from Airtel to dial 14546 and verify the Aadhar number. I did and got the Aadhar number linked to airtel number (The verification came through after two days)

Keeping up with linking Aadhar, I received an SMS from Airtel to dial 14546 and verify the Aadhar number. I did and got the Aadhar number linked to airtel number (The verification came through after two days)
Hmm, if they make it this easy then what excuse will people have for not doing so. None.

Hmm, if they make it this easy then what excuse will people have for not doing so. None.

My number and email id was not there in aadhaar db even though i had submitted them when enrolling for the card. so my verification failed. the aadhaar site wants me to give all details again (like valid photo id, address proof etc) with proofs now just to update mobile number. like hell i'm going to do that.

https://thewire.in/213761/uidai-aadhaar-lord-hanuman-pakistani-spy/

Aadhar number remains active 2 years after a Paki Spy is deported even though UIDAI was in a pickle trying to explain how he got enrolled at all. The more interesting bit is that two bank accounts were linked with the aadhar number in 2017. Do they even have any intent of following up how two bank account were linked to the aadhar number of a Paki Spy in 2017 even though he was deported in 2016.

“This is absolutely ridiculous. Why should I prove my identity to them all over again? I had given my documents when I got the connection and I have also done the Aadhaar authentication. The irony is that I head the division that gives identity cards to people and the cell phone service provider is trying to fool me,” Prabhakar added.

ha ha ha ha ha. rofl. welcome to how common people feel now because of your shitty card.

Last week news was about dialing 14546 and getting your no links to aadhar via phone itself without need to visit gallery.
But seems tata docomo runs its own government. They insist to come down to Mumbai to any gallery and get the job done physically.:wtf:

Now I'm in Pune and my few friends work in Coimbatore and Bangalore and we are from Mumbai and using docomo gsm since 8 yrs now.
How the hell its going to be feasible for them all the way to fly down to Mumbai just for a 5 min work?:banghead:
Totally pathetic and harassment from tata.:mad:

Back