Is customer satisfaction not applicable to India? - Big Baazar in this case

bchat

Disciple
Hi,

Probably you would agree, we Indian consumers are a resilient lot. We are harassed, ignored, offended by Indian sellers time and again. Here is my latest experience with Big Bazar.

But my question is, what options do we have as customers in these cases? We don't pay any less than the UK/US customer, then why this 2nd class status?

I booked a Whirlpool-WAWR18G30 1.5t window AC from Big Bazaar Thursday, 23rd April. They were supposed to deliver it on Sunday, 26th April. But after literally wasting some Rs 100/- in phone calls, Rs 200/- in petrol+parking and
wasted days waiting for it to come, yesterday I canceled the order and got the my money back, 21 days from the start.

Big Bazaar quoted an absolutely fabulous price; some 2-3K less than the general market price. But probably they realized that & kept on telling me stories that Whirlpool itself does not have the supply. I talked to not less
than 15 people in Big Bazaar store, godown, Customer care cell mostly to hear "I will get back to you", as if Indian customers don't know that means "get lost".
I mailed there central customer care, with complete hour by hour details of matters (I attach it here). Only to get a reply that I be "rest assured that your matter will be looked in with utmost care and attention". But that was all, no more response to subsequent mails.

Finally I got if from Ratna Stores (Chennai) just 5 shops away from the Big Baazar. Ratna Store is a Chennai style superstore, who don't make tall claims like Big Baazar (Sasta Achchha and all that crap). I ordered it yesterday 8 PM, they delivered it 4 PM today.
I am sure we all have similar experiences. Please do share, so that we can be aware of the threats around.

Thanks,
bchat

Attachments

• AC Mail Chain.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 178
today i went to state bank of india to make a demand draft.

the bank is situated on the other side of the town. anyways as usual as i was running short of time, i took a auto rickshaw and tried reachin there on time.

well...

i did actually reach on time. i.e before 30mins the bank closes... and guess what i am greeted from a man standing near a door saying go back home, system is slow.

i said wth... i went inside and ask another public relation officer.. he says to me that the lady who make the draft is on leave till monday, so i should i come then...

now i was totally like wtf... i said for a woman who wishes to be on a holiday, u want me to leave aside my work.. wtf..

rather than accepting their faults... the man who greeted me first on the door started abusing me and shouting at me.

now this was 2nd WTF.....

now i totally lost my temper... gave him some piece of good shouting and fraked his managers arse up and made that freakin guy to SAY sorry to me in front of all the staff and customers.

the rich is not the problem in this country... its the freakin poor.. (sorry if anyone feels offended... but this incident really pissed me off.. )

at the first instance of the confrontation, the first door guy even asked me to shut my mouth up in front of his manager.

i directly asked the manager, if that guy is ur relative that you are tolerating him misbehaving with the customer rite in front of your eyes... thats when the panzy manager started requesting the door guy to say sorry ... (both belonged to BIHAR and dint know even how to talk )

manager says :

customer rudely, we not rudely...

doorguy says :

hum nahi kare galti, customer ki galti hai wa... i was like now 3rd timeth WTF...

Big Bazar is crap since beginning they are known for selling sub standards products.

The only chance you had to go to Consumer Court you have lost as you have canceled the order.

1)You have the e-mail copies, written to-be delivery note.

2)You did a follow up till the central management.

3) You fulfill all the criteria required for qualifying as a case in Consumer Court

You could have dragged them to Consumer Court and make them suffocate.

Take care next time, better avoid dealing with them.

EDIT: Oops yes it's Consumer Court and not Customer Care

^^ You mean consumer court..right..? And I agree with the statement regarding substandard products being sold there.

The problem starts with the attitude of the sellers, especially the fancier ones. They think we as consumers are doing them a service by buying things, when in fact it is the reverse.

These cases keep happening..

I can tell you so many cases at the incometax dept also,

Yes, you go to fill your form on the last day and they ask you what were you doing til now?

lol

I said, govt gave me a date to file my return, and i did before the date.

Next they refuse to take form on last day because the officers have gone for election duty..and next day charge penalty or pay rs.2000 bribe..

Its the same at all places..really wish i had a spy cam, would have nailed the asses of these idiots..:mad:

I dont know wen all the Grahaks will indeed start dragging all these idiots to the Consumer forums.

How many sch threads wd be there versus maybe one or two wen these ppl wd actually be paying up a fine to a happy soul.

Sometimes its worth spending more rather than waiting for discounts and getting stuffs late.. thats why i prefer Ebay over Local stores.. i am so addicted to it, i dont even go out to buy a 120mm fan from lamington road :p i am assured that i will get the perfect things on EBay with payment secured and was highly satisfied with 15+ transactions done on Ebay by me till date.

if i were you, I would be very fried. if such AC things would have happened to me, i wud have gone there with some boys and bashed those guys up, 1st the bashing up and todphod at store warning to all the branch manager's of all BIG BAZAAR all over india in written and if i dont get reply in 3-4 days then the bashing work..

Moral of the story is: Dont change the shop from where you buy regularly.. try to negotiate the price but if it doesnt negotiate, buy it and enjoy its value of getting that product instantly after paying :D

G@d of w@r said:
if i were you, I would be very fried. if such AC things would have happened to me, i wud have gone there with some boys and bashed those guys up, 1st the bashing up and todphod at store warning to all the branch manager's of all BIG BAZAAR all over india in written and if i dont get reply in 3-4 days then the bashing work..
Now Don't get cocky.
That ain't the right way and believe me in your way they have enuf muscle to smash you.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
today i went to state bank of india to make a demand draft.

the bank is situated on the other side of the town. anyways as usual as i was running short of time, i took a auto rickshaw and tried reachin there on time.

well...

i did actually reach on time. i.e before 30mins the bank closes... and guess what i am greeted from a man standing near a door saying go back home, system is slow.

i said wth... i went inside and ask another public relation officer.. he says to me that the lady who make the draft is on leave till monday, so i should i come then...

now i was totally like wtf... i said for a woman who wishes to be on a holiday, u want me to leave aside my work.. wtf..

rather than accepting their faults... the man who greeted me first on the door started abusing me and shouting at me.

now this was 2nd WTF.....

now i totally lost my temper... gave him some piece of good shouting and fraked his managers arse up and made that freakin guy to SAY sorry to me in front of all the staff and customers.

the rich is not the problem in this country... its the freakin poor.. (sorry if anyone feels offended... but this incident really pissed me off.. )

at the first instance of the confrontation, the first door guy even asked me to shut my mouth up in front of his manager.

i directly asked the manager, if that guy is ur relative that you are tolerating him misbehaving with the customer rite in front of your eyes... thats when the panzy manager started requesting the door guy to say sorry ... (both belonged to BIHAR and dint know even how to talk )

manager says :

customer rudely, we not rudely...

doorguy says :

hum nahi kare galti, customer ki galti hai wa... i was like now 3rd timeth WTF...

Banking Nahi, Online Banking ka Zamana hai:bleh: :lol:

Next, Use their portal onlinesbi to request for Draft which would be created & delivered to you at your doorstep

I have been to 3 different locations of Big Bazaar in Mumbai and have found them to be the worst of all such super bazaars in two respects.
1. Many of their items, they have a placard announcing some stuff in a bin at very low prices. You pick up something which has no price tag and go to the check out line. When you turn comes, the guy will say we need to check the price of this and goes to do his thing. Comes back and informs you the price is much higher than what the placard said. You go back to the placard and see the bottom tight corner has the word onwards in small type.
2. The amount of time you have to spend in the check out queue is much higher than anywhere else. ( possibly because of the number of customers having problem 1)

Go to Big Bazaar if you are into S&M :)

Guys, you won't believe this but I was asking one of their illiterate helpers where an item is located and she looked to the side, spat onto the products located in the aisle and replied "We don't have it".

I have never shopped there after that.

47Shailesh said:
Big Bazar is crap since beginning they are known for selling sub standards products.
The only chance you had to go to Consumer Court you have lost as you have canceled the order.
1)You have the e-mail copies, written to-be delivery note.
2)You did a follow up till the central management.
3) You fulfill all the criteria required for qualifying as a case in Consumer Court
You could have dragged them to Consumer Court and make them suffocate.
Take care next time, better avoid dealing with them.

EDIT: Oops yes it's Consumer Court and not Customer Care
I always hear that Consumer Court is an option. In fact just sometimes back there was a big ad campaign for consumer rights awareness. But unfortunately nothing explain the process of getting a complain lodged.

If it is like getting a lawyer and filling a case and then waiting years for the hearing, its better to be avoided. I have a small experience of suffering for being a good citizen and filing a police complaint.

Anybody has idea how this Consumer forum works? I don't mind if I don't get my rights this time but at least if we can be aware...

Thanks

vijaycool said:
Big Bazaar is only goof for some plastic buckets and some vegetables. If you are from chennai you could have visited Ratna fan house.

I agree, Big Bazaar could have been good for plastic dabbas...
I tried Ratna Fan House, but they don't keep Whirlpool I think

Thanks

Back