Other Is iphone 5c good exchange for Nexus 5?

Should I exchange my Nexus 5 for iphone 5c ?

• Total voters
Hi ,
I bought the Nexus 5 16gb and don't really like android that much . I feel ios is more beautiful .
Also the phone is bigger than I thought and the quality of ios apps are simply better than android .
A guy is willing to exchange his iphone5c 16GB for my 16gb Nexus 5 . His phone is in pristine condition .
Is it a good exchange ?
Please take the poll also.

PS : I have never owned an iphone before and Nexus 5 is my 1st smartphone . I don't really customize android so won't miss on customization .

Thanks

Hi ,
I bought the Nexus 5 16gb and don't really like android that much . I feel ios is more beautiful .
Also the phone is bigger than I thought and the quality of ios apps are simply better than android .
A guy is willing to exchange his iphone5c 16GB for my 16gb Nexus 5 . His phone is in pristine condition .
Is it a good exchange ?
Please take the poll also.

PS : I have never owned an iphone before and Nexus 5 is my 1st smartphone . I don't really customize android so won't miss on customization .

Thanks

Yup good exchange.

Why ios you have used before?

@OP,
A quick question if you don't mind, if you have never owned an iphone how do you know that the quality of ios apps are simply better than android? The quality of apps is getting better on android as the days goes by.

Also do remember that there is a price difference of 12-13 K between Nexus 5 and iPhone 5C.

Yes a good exchange but... nexus 5 is much much better than iPhone 5C. But the exchange is good simply because iPhone 5C costs more ;)

I like the white ios background compared to android and the nexus 5 is bigger than I expected it to be .
I have'nt used ios but have been watching you tube videos and I like the clean and posh interface compared to android's black interface.
I searched for some apps which are there for ios but not for android. Still deciding though.
I'm also thinking about selling my N5 and getting the ipad mini retina since I don't use the phone feature much.
Also it there anything iphone can't do that N5 can apart from customization ?
Now that google now and google maps are there for iphone , think it's better .
I would work the same way in ios right? Or will there be any limits?

@GODMODE09

Let me warn you that iOS is restrictive. There will be many things which android can do easily and iPhone won't. If you can live with its limitations, iPhones are awesome devices.
If you are not into custom ROMs and widgets and stuff then you can try iPhone, may be buy 2nd hand iPhone 4/4S. 4S is still very capable device let me tell you, small screen though.
Also do not get fooled by the lesser mAh batteries on iPhones, they are different OS than android so comparing batteries is futile. iPhone batteries perform really well.
And most importantly, iPhones hold more value when you want to resale them.

Yup, I would also recommend getting a version version of iPhone first so that it gives you an idea on what ecosystem you are getting into. I have used iOS for 2 years and I just hate it. There's like nothing to do on an iPhone, they have just become a piece of jewellery to most these days.

I don't go for phones just for looks, or to show off. First what I need is that a phone should satisfy my needs and it should have a buttery smooth experience and nexus 5 has everything in it. I will probably use nexus 5 for a year until the next edition comes of it (nexux 5.1 may be?) with 5.1" 3000mAH,13mp camera and 3.0 usb will be worth a upgrade ;) though I can live with 5.0" or even 4.7" which was of nexus 4.[DOUBLEPOST=1385374602][/DOUBLEPOST]If I were you OP, I would take the deal, then sell iPhone 5C for may be 38k or less and get a new nexus 5 16gb+nexus 5's wireless charger+original OEM bumper :p

Last edited:
I like the white ios background compared to android and the nexus 5 is bigger than I expected it to be .
I have'nt used ios but have been watching you tube videos and I like the clean and posh interface compared to android's black interface.
I searched for some apps which are there for ios but not for android. Still deciding though.
I'm also thinking about selling my N5 and getting the ipad mini retina since I don't use the phone feature much.
Also it there anything iphone can't do that N5 can apart from customization ?
Now that google now and google maps are there for iphone , think it's better .
I would work the same way in ios right? Or will there be any limits?

Its simple you should go ahead with Iphone 5c :p
You have gave enough reasons

yup definitely go for the exchange...then sell the 5c for more money and then you can buy a brand new N5 ....earning some money in the process and ending up with a brand new phone

Honest answer - If you want to prey on the guy's stupidity (not saying that's your intention), then yes, it's a good exchange. The iPhone 5C costs more. He could probably sell it and buy a Nexus 5 while still having money to spare.

Is the iPhone 5C a better phone than the Nexus 5? That's entirely subjective. I personally don't think so.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input guys . I decided to keep my Nexus 5 . I went to an apple store to compare both in hand and it reminded me why I went for N5 in the 1st place , because I felt 4-inch is too small for my hands .
I'm going to add some really good looking widgets and take it from there .
But android is complicated for me . I still have'nt figured out how to delete all my msgs at the same time in google hangouts.
Is there a 'how to guide ' for kitkat ? This is my 1st smartphone. Added a widget but could'nt make it work properly . The resolution in the homescreen was too low in the widget clock.[DOUBLEPOST=1385454593][/DOUBLEPOST]Also is there any way I can buy apps without credit card ? No one uses it in my family and I can borrow everytime I want to buy something

Thanks for your input guys . I decided to keep my Nexus 5 . I went to an apple store to compare both in hand and it reminded me why I went for N5 in the 1st place , because I felt 4-inch is too small for my hands .
I'm going to add some really good looking widgets and take it from there .
But android is complicated for me . I still have'nt figured out how to delete all my msgs at the same time in google hangouts.
Is there a 'how to guide ' for kitkat ? This is my 1st smartphone. Added a widget but could'nt make it work properly . The resolution in the homescreen was too low in the widget clock.[DOUBLEPOST=1385454593][/DOUBLEPOST]Also is there any way I can buy apps without credit card ? No one uses it in my family and I can borrow everytime I want to buy something

1. Just swipe the conversation to the left to archive it. To select multiple messages, press and hold one message and once it is highlighted start tapping the other messages. Then click the delete message.

2. Buy a $25 or $50 play store voucher and redeem it.

Back