Budget 31-40k Is it a good time to buy a graphic card ? If so then which one from rtx 2070 super vs. RX 5700 XT

I had the same graphics card choice that you do and here is my thread:

Long story short, for the games that you mentioned, 2070 S or even 2060S will perform better than 5700xt. AMD has a longtime DX 11 driver issue, which basically increases the load on CPUs and therefore the games run at lower framerates overall. There are very few games today that use DX12 but, even in those, difference between AMD and nvidia is marginal at best. For DX11, AMD loses big time. I ended up buying 5700xt because I did not know of these DX11 issues back then. Now, I have paired this card with ryzen 3600 and I am still not happy with a 38k purchase. Reasons: Streaming sucks, game recording sucks, AMD front end driver keeps crashing more frequently than it should, due to which the overlay goes away and all recording stops and the recorded video gets corrupted. Lower framerates in games like CSGO, PUBG, APEX, because they are all DX9 or 11 games. Shadow of the tomb raider is an amazing experience because its a DX12 game. Witcher 3 even though its DX11 game, the devs optimised multi threading of DX 11 code, due to which it performs amazingly with >80FPS all the time at 1080p. Mostly, above 100, which is a very good experience. BUT, the devs have to work for this to make it run on AMD, as AMD has given up. I have read a lot of articles online talking about this DX11 issue. @Chaos pointed this out to me first and when I googled it, I was surprised, but I had made my purchase by then. Let me give you some real time experience of mine in many games:

1) Dishonored 2 - Unoptimised for high refresh rates. Goes down to 50 FPS in many places even on my HW (3600 + 5700xt + 16GB RAM 2733 MHz, all SSD storage, 144 Hz monitor)
2) CSGO: Runs upwards of 200 FPS at 4 ms at all times, but in casual maps where there are 10 people at the same time, drops down to 120 FPS range. This sounds good on paper, but is extremely jarring in the gameplay. Medium - high competitive settings. With a 1600 + 5700xt, I was getting between 80 and 150 FPS at 8 to 16 ms. With a 1600 + 1060, I was getting the same performance as I got with 3600 + 5700xt, so you can now understand what driver or game unoptimisation can lead to
3) Witcher 3 - with 1600 + 5700xt, 60 to 144 FPS. No complaints. With 3600 + 5700XT, 80 to 144 FPS. This is called optimization
4) Assassins Creed: Revelations, brotherhood, AC2, AC Origin. All of these perform worse than a GTX 1060. Dont go with the online benchmarks. In real life, these games have stutters every 5 seconds. The more you move the camera, the more you get the stutters. 1600 + 1060 got me 144 FPS locked in brotherhood and revelations. 60 locked in AC2. 70 on AC:O with med-high settings. All 1080p. 1600 + 5700xt resulted into a stuttering mess in all these games. 3600 + 5700xt took care of Origin but with a caveat. I was not able to test out AC2, revelations, and Brotherhood because, by this time, I uninstalled the games. AC:O at ultra at 1080 p is 50 - 70 FPS. Amazingly unoptimised game. It still stutters in cities. And, to reduce the stuttering, I had to install nvidia's physx drivers. Go figure. Highly unoptimised (game or drivers or both). With even a 2060S, you wont face these issues
5) PUBG: Good experience with 3600 + 5700xt. But 2060S is better at lower price
6) Quantum Break: Good experience. 70to 144 FPS ultra @1080p
7) Far Cry Primal: 80 to 144 ultra. Good experience
8) Ghost Recon Breakpoint: I got this one free with 5700xt and it runs well. 55 to 80 FPS Ultra. This is a demanding game even for high end HW, so no complaints. There are no stutters and is silky smooth even at 65FPS because of low 8ms latency overall. Buying a 2060S gets you the new COD for free BTW
9) Dark Souls (all 3 games) - Good experience on both nvidia and AMD. The games are locked at meager 60 FPS, so...
10) Fallout 4 - Unoptimised POS. Doesnt do above 60 FPS without breaking physics of the game. Drops down to 35 in most places without any mods

TLDR: Go for 2060S if your goal is 1080p 144 or 2K 75. Not all games run at high frame rates due to unoptimisation (driver or game code), and the games that do run at high frame rates, run better on Nvidia due to better DX11 implementations. Remember, most games today are DX11, like it or not. CSGO is still DX9. I have learned all this the hard way. I am in no way saying 5700xt is a bad card. Its an amazing card, but even 2060S is better. Streaming is straight up bad and so is recording (with relive or OBS). Nvidia is doing a much better job with their nvenc for these purposes.

As for the case, I am using CM MB511 which I got for 6k. It came with 3 RGB fans and one fan at the back. You can also install fans at the top of the case which is pretty much a necessity in Indian weather.
Woh that's some insight. Yes i am fixed on rtx 2070super. I am looking for 2k 144hz plus gaming in future. But as tuf monitors are not release, currently 2k 60hz gaming.

For case i am in a dilema. Just was researching and saw deepcool materxx 50 argb 4. 6k is the price but i think there is a version without fans for 4k or so, which makes sense to me as i already have nzxt fans from previous case. In future 360 mm radiator will cover up the RGB i suppose [emoji28]

Now only issue is zotac amp or galax black gaming. Galax outperforms zotac. But have 3 years warranty where are zotac offers 5 years after registration. Galax factory overclock speed is also more. Just one video i got about the cooling and galax is ahead in that. Msi x trio and asus cards are way more expensive like 11 to 16 k difference which don't make sense to me for 3 to 4 fps.

Woh that's some insight. Yes i am fixed on rtx 2070super. I am looking for 2k 144hz plus gaming in future. But as tuf monitors are not release, currently 2k 60hz gaming.

For case i am in a dilema. Just was researching and saw deepcool materxx 50 argb 4. 6k is the price but i think there is a version without fans for 4k or so, which makes sense to me as i already have nzxt fans from previous case. In future 360 mm radiator will cover up the RGB i suppose [emoji28]

Now only issue is zotac amp or galax black gaming. Galax outperforms zotac. But have 3 years warranty where are zotac offers 5 years after registration. Galax factory overclock speed is also more. Just one video i got about the cooling and galax is ahead in that. Msi x trio and asus cards are way more expensive like 11 to 16 k difference which don't make sense to me for 3 to 4 fps.

Case is a personal preference, so go with whatever you like. In my experience, just keep these points in mind for a case:

1) Should have mesh panel in front. Closed panel is only made for cold countries, not for India. Looks good, but temps are way higher
2) Should have ability to mount fans on top. Heat rises, so in my view, open space on top is required

As for the brand, I had the same dilemma, haha.. Geforce cards are from lesser known brands nowadays. Zotac is a good brand ( i have a gtx 1060 for 2 years now), but has bad VRM cooler design on the RTX cards. Google/youtube it. Galax is a good brand. They used to be at the top of their game during the 2000s when they were called galaxy. I have no personal experience with them, so wont comment on how their after sales is but their cards are generally considered good. Even inno3d. MSI is a no no because of the warranty concerns. Check my thread. BTW, 3 and 5 doesnt matter. You are playing in the high end field right now. You will change the card within 3 years as the new cards will outperform them haha...

My streaming is very rare these days. I started 2 years ago, but gave up a year ago since my channel didnt do well and I also got into a new more demanding job. MyStoryMyEnding is the name on youtube.

@Chaos @Marcus Fenix @bssunilreddy what are your thoughts on the below deals ?

They are founders edition on some really low price. Is this deal genuine ?

Dealer is for punjab, ludhiana.
received_2686185128101918.jpg
received_857428814671481.jpg
received_3261139013901310.jpg
received_897133464038727.jpg

He showed me a bill of 105k but it was in his name. Don't know how is he selling at this price. It's the price without gst if you calculate and add shipping. he gave his bank account and aadhar card copy to me too.

RUle
He showed me a bill of 105k but it was in his name. Don't know how is he selling at this price. It's the price without gst if you calculate and add shipping. he gave his bank account and aadhar card copy to me too.
Rule of thumb with Indian brick and mortar sellers-
If a deal is too good to be true its fishy.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think so. And Founders editions cards has blower type coolers and cannot run like other OEM cards.
But wait for others opinions as well.

Minor nitpicking but most of the RTX2000 series FE cards have axial fans not blower anymore.

But even then most 3rd party cards run cooler and quieter. The only advantage in case of FE cards is if you go custom liquid cooling route in which case its easier to get compatible water blocks.

Last edited:
is inno3d 2070 super gaming oc a good card?
it's in the same price bracket for galax card.

is inno3d 2070 super gaming oc a good card?
it's in the same price bracket for galax card.
AFAIK Inno3d and Galax are at the lower tier when it comes to 3rd party boards.
Zotac is above them and then MSI/Gigabyte/Asus make up the top tier.

I can't say if there will be any issues with these cards as the prices are pretty tempting.

I never had a GPU drop dead though in my 13 odd years of GPU ownership. I managed to burn out a 7600 GT in my younger days due to monumental stupidity at overclocking.

P.S. Did you manage to find a locally available RAM kit from the MSI compatibility list?

@Marcus Fenix check my other thread for the for 90k setup. found some ballistic ram but confused if to go for 3600mhz or 4000mhz. the price difference is small plus the issue is 4000mhz only 1 stick is available. also both the sticks comes in single stick package only :/

@Marcus Fenix check my other thread for the for 90k setup. found some ballistic ram but confused if to go for 3600mhz or 4000mhz. the price difference is small plus the issue is 4000mhz only 1 stick is available. also both the sticks comes in single stick package only :/
It's not single stick or dual sticks
But called as Ram kits for dual channel or quad channel or simply called as kits.
Buy 3200Mhz and overclock it to 3600 MHz or
Buy 3600Mhz and overclock it to 4000Mhz

But if you want to buy altogether 4000Mhz kit then check once the compatability with the motherboards manufacturer in their website otherwise called as QVL.

is the above model good if i should go for a 3200mhz ram kit

is the above model good if i should go for a 3200mhz ram kit

Yes, its best VFM. It is E-die memory and overclocks very well. I have 2 sticks with 3000CL15 but overclocked and running stable on 3466CL16 at the moment.

Yes, its best VFM. It is E-die memory and overclocks very well. I have 2 sticks with 3000CL15 but overclocked and running stable on 3466CL16 at the moment.
There is one kit from gskill with c17 timing and 2 k more price but it's a samsung 5WB and it's a 32gb kit instead of 16gb as of here [emoji848]

Quiet confused in what to do now. And both of them are on msi gvl list. This one have need tested in 1,2and 4 configuration but gskil one is just 1,2.

There is one kit from gskill with c17 timing and 2 k more price but it's a samsung 5WB and it's a 32gb kit instead of 16gb as of here [emoji848]

Quiet confused in what to do now. And both of them are on msi gvl list. This one have need tested in 1,2and 4 configuration but gskil one is just 1,2.
Gskil one is tested for 16x2 i.e. 32 GB config. Don't really need 64 GB in the future lifespan of this board which will be atmost 4 years. :p

If given the choice between 16 GB/lower latency or 32 GB/higher latency RAM I would go for 16 GB lower latency for gaming.

If you are into running large VMs or editing massive RAW video files then 32 GB is okay or else its overkill. But then again its upto your choice.

Gskil one is tested for 16x2 i.e. 32 GB config. Don't really need 64 GB in the future lifespan of this board which will be atmost 4 years. [emoji14]

If given the choice between 16 GB/lower latency or 32 GB/higher latency RAM I would go for 16 GB lower latency for gaming.

If you are into running large VMs or editing massive RAW video files then 32 GB is okay or else its overkill. But then again its upto your choice.
If it's the Samsung b die then i can tighten the timing may be. I suppose that's is possible but again cannot fine any overclocking guide or test done with this specific models. I suppose i c15 is possible i suppose as some of the rams from gskill have them.

There is one kit from gskill with c17 timing and 2 k more price but it's a samsung 5WB and it's a 32gb kit instead of 16gb as of here

Two sticks of 8GB Ballistix should do good. Total price of it would be ₹7.2K compared to 16GB which is selling for quite a premium. I have went similar route for my Ryzen rig. Though I have basic APU and B450 mobo which can do 3466MHz only, but when I was making my decision, I had came across plenty of instances where people had pushed it to 37xxMHz and beyond. It’s best VFM for OC and tight timings.

BTW, you should check out this YT Vid

Two sticks of 8GB Ballistix should do good. Total price of it would be ₹7.2K compared to 16GB which is selling for quite a premium. I have went similar route for my Ryzen rig. Though I have basic APU and B450 mobo which can do 3466MHz only, but when I was making my decision, I had came across plenty of instances where people had pushed it to 37xxMHz and beyond. It’s best VFM for OC and tight timings.

BTW, you should check out this YT Vid
The 8gb ram for 4k is not listed in msi qvl list. So the possibility are less for the oc i suppose or the timing will be compromised. That's the reason I didn't listed the grey ballastic 8gb ram kit.

Back