Android Is it possible to get the Sony t2 ultra dual repaired if it develops any problem?

kxp2000

Recruit
I am about to buy a xperia t2 ultra dual phone but recently came across some disquieting reports from users who already own it that whenever the phone develops any hardware related issues(even minor ones),one cannot get it repaired but has to obtain a replacement from the service center by paying around 60% of the phone's MRP(after warranty expires) as Sony apparently has a "no repair-only replacement" policy for this phone.This seems really absurd and ridiculous -how can Sony expect their customers to shell out such a staggering amount of money whenever they face any issue with their phones(even for relatively trivial ones)?! Does anyone here have any first hand knowledge or experience about this matter? Is it really true that sony provides no repair options for T2 ultra dual phones at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep.
if its damaged, they wont repair, they just simply replace entire cabiney which more pretty hefty,
my wife used t2 and it was damaged and from sont they were charging 9k. for entire cabinet replaced.

but my bro had it done outside sony in 600 :p

yep.
if its damaged, they wont repair, they just simply replace entire cabiney which more pretty hefty,
my wife used t2 and it was damaged and from sont they were charging 9k. for entire cabinet replaced.

but my bro had it done outside sony in 600 :p

Are you referring just to the outer cosmetic plastic body?

Btw the OP is inquiring about Hardware issues and not just the outer cosmetic.

If a phone have a physical damage then only they ask for 60/40 replacement or repair

And as goes for hardware,they replace it with no extra cost and for that they give u 1year warranty so that u can chexk every aspect of phone precisely

I changed xpera Z for 4times in a year

Oh K.

I means if I have a phone with physical damage (may be a crack to the body etc.)and also some damage to any internal hardware. Then will Sony still honor the hardware part repair or replacement or simply blame it on me that your phone got physically damaged and thats the reason why the inside components got damaged too.

If a phone gets a physical damage, nothing can be coverd unde warranry as they assume only accident cause both hardware and physical damage
Thats what. So op should get it fixed outside for 600 bucks and then again give it to sony?? Thats not gonna work as they clearly know that this isnt the original body.

Back