Windows Is it safe to purchase MS Office key off eBay?

zero_cool

Disciple
I was looking for a genuine version of MS Office and came across eBay listings selling lifetime keys for $3-4. Usually, when something is too good to be true, it isn't. So, are these safe to purchase or is this some scam where the keys expire after a limited period of time?

Any other avenues to purchase a legitimate MS Office key are welcome.

Yeah, it works, but if there are any issues, you need to contact the seller.

Alternatively, if you can get an additional 4 friends, you can easily get Office 365 Home Premium @ ~ 800 ish/year ( ~ 4K for 5 users per year), using offers on Amazon and the likes. This includes the desktop equivalent of Office Pro Plus for upto 5 devices + 1TB OneDrive. Per user. You need a MS account or need to make one.

Yeah, it works, but if there are any issues, you need to contact the seller.

Alternatively, if you can get an additional 4 friends, you can easily get Office 365 Home Premium @ ~ 800 ish/year, using offers on Amazon and the likes. This includes Office 365 for upto 5 devices + 1TB OneDrive. Per user. You need a MS account or need to make one.
But I don't have the kind of friends who believe in paying for software :p

I'm still skeptical because the vendor provides a link to the Office software and that creates a doubt in my mind.

But I don't have the kind of friends who believe in paying for software :p

I'm still skeptical because the vendor provides a link to the Office software and that creates a doubt in my mind.

You could try a IC/GO here.

Now, all give link only, you need to download the software online.

You could try a IC/GO here.

Now, all give link only, you need to download the software online.

Well, I purchased it and downloaded it from the Microsoft Office website. The installation went smoothly but I won't declare it a success just yet. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks. Will update here as the time goes.

Well, I purchased it and downloaded it from the Microsoft Office website. The installation went smoothly but I won't declare it a success just yet. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks. Will update here as the time goes.
If activated successfully won't face any issues later

resurrecting this thread from the dead - couldn't be arsed to open a new topic for a similar discussion - which essentially is to say just WTF is Microsoft doing with Office pricing?? God damn atrocious.. they're now going to rebrand it to Microsoft 365, but expect users to pay upwards of 5k a year!! Friggin daylight robbery!

are there any legit deal sites apart from getting a key from Amazon which I've been doing for the last few years.. except weirdly enough Amazon isn't accepting orders for digital delivery products due to Covid-19 - LMFAO

resurrecting this thread from the dead - couldn't be arsed to open a new topic for a similar discussion - which essentially is to say just WTF is Microsoft doing with Office pricing?? God damn atrocious.. they're now going to rebrand it to Microsoft 365, but expect users to pay upwards of 5k a year!! Friggin daylight robbery!

are there any legit deal sites apart from getting a key from Amazon which I've been doing for the last few years.. except weirdly enough Amazon isn't accepting orders for digital delivery products due to Covid-19 - LMFAO

Someone in Market section is selling MS stuff. Not sure of details but you can check with the seller

5k a year? Sounds like the Home Premium aka family plan, which is not bad considering you get 6 licenses plus extras.

Apart from that, why do you think people pirate Office? For perpetual licenses - Home and Student usually goes for 5K, Home and Business around 18K, Standard around 20K, Pro around 30K.

I think there is someone on the forums selling keys, but IMO its better to pool your money and pickup the Home Premium pack with friends and family. The 1TB onedrive which will also act as backup space itself is worth it.

5k a year? Sounds like the Home Premium aka family plan, which is not bad considering you get 6 licenses plus extras.

Apart from that, why do you think people pirate Office? For perpetual licenses - Home and Student usually goes for 5K, Home and Business around 18K, Standard around 20K, Pro around 30K.

I think there is someone on the forums selling keys, but IMO its better to pool your money and pickup the Home Premium pack with friends and family. The 1TB onedrive which will also act as backup space itself is worth it.
I dunno man, I think I just got lost in the ms maze. Read an article today saying Microsoft office is now Microsoft 365 and the new plans start at 4k odds.. didn't deep dive into the specifics.. but I guess I'll have to score some discounts deals at Amazon when they're back up and running

I dunno man, I think I just got lost in the ms maze. Read an article today saying Microsoft office is now Microsoft 365 and the new plans start at 4k odds.. didn't deep dive into the specifics.. but I guess I'll have to score some discounts deals at Amazon when they're back up and running

True. They are rebranding the name and adding additional plans (for the business side). For the home users nothing is changing.

True. They are rebranding the name and adding additional plans (for the business side). For the home users nothing is changing.

Yes - anyways I've cancelled my individual order with Amazon as they won't deliver in my area.. so need a GO to order the 6 user license which works out cheaper, only it would have to be delivered to someone who can take delivery and then distribute the keys.

Leaving my name for the list here:

1. MS365 key 1 yr : Mach 9

Folks can add the names to the list.

Back