Budget Above 40k Is it the right time to buy iPhone 11…?

But also remember that there is good chance iphone 11 may be discontinued completely by apple.
Like how they discontinued the apple watch 4 when 5 was launched. But 3 is still being sold.
I doubt apple will slash the price for 11 as they already did it in the sale past sales they will clear up the stocks in pipeline till sep/October and will discontinue the phone as they need room for the iphone 12 and there are rumours they'll price it around ~80k.

Also heard this time there will be in total 4 models 12 and 12s, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max.

In my experience, there is no right or wrong time to buy any iPhone! If you need and can afford the latest one, go for it.

They last a long time if used well (I am still on my iPhone 7! But I also use my phone only for mail, calls and whatsapp and music over bluetooth in car so I am not a power user) so you will likely end up paying once for next 2-3 years. I might need a new one next year so will likely upgrade to the iPhone 12 or iPhone 11 (depending on what new features the 12 offers over the 11 that I need!).

In my experience, there is no right or wrong time to buy any iPhone! If you need and can afford the latest one, go for it.

They last a long time if used well (I am still on my iPhone 7! But I also use my phone only for mail, calls and whatsapp and music over bluetooth in car so I am not a power user) so you will likely end up paying once for next 2-3 years. I might need a new one next year so will likely upgrade to the iPhone 12 or iPhone 11 (depending on what new features the 12 offers over the 11 that I need!).

I always wonder when people say they are power users, what exact things they are doing on their phones to categorize as "power usage", genuinely asking. I too do what you do, emails, calls, whatsapp, music, banking apps on need basis, notes taking for grocery / etc, scanning docs. Using probably 10 apps or less most of the time out of the 100s installed.

I use 5 year old iPhone 6S and today even if I got the latest iPhone 11 Pro or something, my usage would exactly be the same and I would have got nothing by spending a lakh. This is the reason, I don't see a point in changing my 6S until it dies or makes me spend more money on it to keep running than it is worth it.

I always wonder when people say they are power users, what exact things they are doing on their phones to categorize as "power usage", genuinely asking. I too do what you do, emails, calls, whatsapp, music, banking apps on need basis, notes taking for grocery / etc, scanning docs. Using probably 10 apps or less most of the time out of the 100s installed.

I use 5 year old iPhone 6S and today even if I got the latest iPhone 11 Pro or something, my usage would exactly be the same and I would have got nothing by spending a lakh. This is the reason, I don't see a point in changing my 6S until it dies or makes me spend more money on it to keep running than it is worth it.

Haha! PUBG for starters! Then there are those who are constantly using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc who use the phone every now and then. Besides PUBG also, people use phones for gaming. People also use their phones extensively for media consumption: YouTube, Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime and what not.

I doubt apple will slash the price for 11 as they already did it in the sale past sales they will clear up the stocks in pipeline till sep/October and will discontinue the phone as they need room for the iphone 12 and there are rumours they'll price it around ~80k.

Also heard this time there will be in total 4 models 12 and 12s, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max.
Ideally they would price the 5.4 inch Iphone at the same price of the current iphone 11.

If they price what is essentially an iPhone 12 mini at 80k, then it will be too much. I am hoping that it doesn't happen like that. With apple and toyota though you can never be sure :). They can price it much higher than what anyone expects.

I don't think power user is actually using social apps a lot. Rather it's utilising the hardware as best as you can. Like a lot of 4K 60 recording, editing the same on the device. Playing graphically intensive games etc. I don't know of any social apps (Twitter, FB or Insta) which is even remotely taxing on the resources, but i could be wrong.

So, true to what I said: No right time to buy an iPhone! You have to buy it when you need it.

I got an iPhone 11 Product RED for my wife yesterday. Her birthday is coming up and her iPhone 6s had reached EOL and while it still runs, battery life has dropped drastically and she was anyway going to need a replacement phone sooner rather than later this year as she has used the 6s for nearly 4 years now.

I am still on my trusty iPhone 7 though! Likely another 6-8 months till I think of replacing it! :p

So, true to what I said: No right time to buy an iPhone! You have to buy it when you need it.

I got an iPhone 11 Product RED for my wife yesterday. Her birthday is coming up and her iPhone 6s had reached EOL and while it still runs, battery life has dropped drastically and she was anyway going to need a replacement phone sooner rather than later this year as she has used the 6s for nearly 4 years now.

I am still on my trusty iPhone 7 though! Likely another 6-8 months till I think of replacing it! :p

brilliantly sums up the upgrade cycle of most iPhone users and the products longevity - my better half and myself do the same... I jumped from a 3yr old 6S to the XR - my wife from a 2.5yr old 6 to a 7 (she prefers the smaller size).

Iphone's not only last long but still command excellent resale/exchange value and that's a good thing that we don't need to shell out big sums of money to keep pace with technology every odd year

brilliantly sums up the upgrade cycle of most iPhone users and the products longevity - my better half and myself do the same... I jumped from a 3yr old 6S to the XR - my wife from a 2.5yr old 6 to a 7 (she prefers the smaller size).

Iphone's not only last long but still command excellent resale/exchange value and that's a good thing that we don't need to shell out big sums of money to keep pace with technology every odd year

I also prefer the smaller form factor - Hopefully the iPhone 12 5.4 inch will come as a blessing for people like us!

Well if you must need a phone right now you have to get the phone right now. It's just that simple. But that doesn't mean those who wait for a sale to buy one aren't any wiser, as the price is discounted by as much as 10k and up to 15k even. I can't speak for others but that's a lot of money saved.

Well if you must need a phone right now you have to get the phone right now. It's just that simple. But that doesn't mean those who wait for a sale to buy one aren't any wiser, as the price is discounted by as much as 10k and up to 15k even. I can't speak for others but that's a lot of money saved.

Not at all - Nobody saying that waiting for discounts is not wise. The question, if you read the first post from OP carefully is whether or not he should buy now or wait for iPhone 12 so that iPhone 11 sees price cuts. And answer is you should buy the phone when you need it and not essentially wait for the next one to come.

Waiting for discounts is a whole another discussion with its own merits/demerits!

Not at all - Nobody saying that waiting for discounts is not wise. The question, if you read the first post from OP carefully is whether or not he should buy now or wait for iPhone 12 so that iPhone 11 sees price cuts. And answer is you should buy the phone when you need it and not essentially wait for the next one to come.

Waiting for discounts is a whole another discussion with its own merits/demerits!

Also depends on whether someone really needs the device like right now or they can wait. Like I am planning to buy iPad this year but honestly, I don't need iPad as such and have no "Pro Level" usage so I am planning to buy the cheapest iPad. But since it is not something I want right now, I can wait, especially since there is a good chance that Apple may launch the base 8th Gen iPad soon with A12 chip (hoping storage is upped to 64GB).

Agree - Coz there will always be another iPhone 'n' or iPad 'n' coming so the time to buy would be when you need it unless one believes in numerology and wants a specific value for 'n'! :p

There was a discussion on this thread around whether we can see a 40% jump in the performance. I had initially commented that is certainly possible. I was certainly wrong. Based on yesterday's time flies, the A14 improvements are quite underwhelming. 40% jump over A12. Meh.

Also, no mention of improved power efficiency. If there had been gains on power efficiency they woupd have drummed it up. Like last year they drummed up super-retina-extra-max-ultra-wow-xdr screen which is basically last years old with higher peak brightness.

Maybe we have hit a stage where two things are simultaneously happening -
1. Incremental performances gains are harder to come by for all of ARM, Apple and QC
2. The user experience won't enhance much due to further performance gains as the current chips are more than fast enough for typical usage.

There was a discussion on this thread around whether we can see a 40% jump in the performance. I had initially commented that is certainly possible. I was certainly wrong. Based on yesterday's time flies, the A14 improvements are quite underwhelming. 40% jump over A12. Meh.

Also, no mention of improved power efficiency. If there had been gains on power efficiency they woupd have drummed it up. Like last year they drummed up super-retina-extra-max-ultra-wow-xdr screen which is basically last years old with higher peak brightness.

Maybe we have hit a stage where two things are simultaneously happening -
1. Incremental performances gains are harder to come by for all of ARM, Apple and QC
2. The user experience won't enhance much due to further performance gains as the current chips are more than fast enough for typical usage.
Are you sure it’s 40% over A12? It looked like it’s over A13. Maybe that’s what they want users like me to think....

Actually they were talking about the improvements in the new ipad air as compared to the last gen. The last gen ipad air had A12.

Maybe a reason that they didn't speak about the efficiency improvements is that they didn't want to steal the thunder from the imminent iphone event. Or maybe they didn't want to bring attention to the throttling in the previous versions. Hopefully we will see much better battery life and longer sustained performance since we don't see big performance gains.
A chip with similar peak performance as

Back