Audio Is it worth buying Z-5500

mick_ralte

Disciple
Hi guys,
I recently thought of selling of my Logitech X-540 and buy logitech Z-5500. But This second thought is always in my mine (though i have dig all the reviews out there)...IS IT WORTH SPENDING SOME Rs 18000/- FOR THIS SPEAKER.
Z-5500 owners and expert, please share your thoughts about this speaker and VFM. (for musics and movies)

This set used to retail for as low as 12~14k in the eBay once - probably a not-so-bad investment for *that* price considering this is the cheapest system that offers digital inputs. Not certainly worth 18k IMO. You can build much better 5.1 systems for slightly more. Music doesn't require 5.1 anyway.

JM2C!

logitech z 5500 is the best multimedia speaker system which is also thx certified so quality is best. i am using it............it is a worth buy. i assure u tht it will blow ur mind with xonar dx sound card

As you got a good sound card I would suggest you to get MX5021, later on you can enhance its full capability using Mr. Gannu's MX5021 guide.

As already suggested by Gannu, for 18k Z-5500 is not worth, but if you can get around 15k then move ahead.

mick_ralte said:
Hi guys,
I recently thought of selling of my Logitech X-540 and buy logitech Z-5500. But This second thought is always in my mine (though i have dig all the reviews out there)...IS IT WORTH SPENDING SOME Rs 18000/- FOR THIS SPEAKER.
Z-5500 owners and expert, please share your thoughts about this speaker and VFM. (for musics and movies)

yes, they are worth every single penny... when you get these just watch transformers 1 and 2 having 5.1 ch surround sound and you will know what they are capable of

I got z5500 for Rs 16800 recently from Nehru place and i don't have sound card yet... updated onboard sound drivers and its rocking.. btw i am thinking of getting xfi extreme gamer

hope this helps

ishashank said:
yes, they are worth every single penny... when you get these just watch transformers 1 and 2 having 5.1 ch surround sound and you will know what they are capable of
I got z5500 for Rs 16800 recently from Nehru place and i don't have sound card yet... updated onboard sound drivers and its rocking.. btw i am thinking of getting xfi extreme gamer
hope this helps

thanks dude...is it excluding tax that 16800. Can you give me the name of the shop where you bought it.?

Back