Is Mega banned in India?

My problematic hathway works good for any torrents thrown at it except for those torrent sites which I first need to access via a vpn and once downloaded no vpn required further...
Same is the case for sharing sites like mega etc. never ever felt the need for any vpn.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can use Green Tunnel. Its a simple app for many platforms including Mac, windows and linux. Single button press.

Sorry to bump this thread up, but of late I'm increasingly frustrated with Hathway's insane blocking on anything torrent.

Any of you guys into sharing VPN subscriptions or anyone know of any great deals on VPN? I've been trying forever to snap up a NORD VPN deal but it appears they just keep offering the standard 3.99 $.. coupons don't seem to work?
There is someone selling Norton AntiVirus which comes with inbuilt VPN, check that for sure.

qBitTorrent
BTW thanks to @zibalingz for pointing us towards goodbyedpi.

@topgear Are you based out of Kolkata?

Alliance was awesome with their torrent caching server but Siti employs DPI to block websites. Alliance simply used http blocking to comply with government rules.

I am on Velositi 200 Mbps package and some popular torrents go upto 10 MB/s on a NordVPN connection on Singapore.

For using goodbyedpi download the github zip file and unzip it locally.

Open a cmd window with Admin privileges and navigate to the x86_64 folder if you are on 64 bit Windows via pushd as shown below.

Then fire off "goodbyedpi -3" and you are set.

View attachment 85324

I have created a Windows service using nssm to run this on PC boot.

You can check out the tutorial here-

View attachment 85325

View attachment 85326
Post automatically merged:

Lucky you. Seems like you ISP is nicer than mine when it comes to blocking. And 6 Mbps i.e. roughly 750 KB/s is not a good speed mate.

Yes I'm from Kolkata. Thank you so much for these detailed steps.
Post automatically merged:

Which torrent application do you use?
I've never had to circumvent via any VPN. I usually get speeds ranging from 1 to 6 mbps on qbittorent provided the link has enough seeds.

qbittorent

There is someone selling Norton AntiVirus which comes with inbuilt VPN, check that for sure.

thanks but prefer a standalone vpn.. I think Hathway have some different settings or server configs in different regions. This is not the first time I've had trouble with torrent site access on Hathway even though the torrent download speeds and connectivity themselves are not an issue.

You guys can use Green Tunnel. Its a simple app for many platforms including Mac, windows and linux. Single button press.

How stable is this app?

goodbyedpi is a bit buggy as it sometimes loses connection or slows down if multiple pages are being refreshed.
Sometimes file sharing site downloads via a download accelerator like IDM fail as well.

How stable is this app?

goodbyedpi is a bit buggy as it sometimes loses connection or slows down if multiple pages are being refreshed.
Sometimes file sharing site downloads via a download accelerator like IDM fail as well.
I've not had much issues except for locally hosted interfaces that update via ajax or something. Since its one click start stop, you can get work done and start again. Honestly its just very convenient.

Lucky you. Seems like you ISP is nicer than mine when it comes to blocking. And 6 Mbps i.e. roughly 750 KB/s is not a good speed mate.

I am getting north of 7 mbps today. I get 5 mbps on average with mega. And, an mbps with qbittorent. My plan usually averages around 40-50 mbps

Last edited:
This is what I am getting downloading ******* today. I get 5 mbps on average with mega. And, an mbps with qbittorent. My plan usually averages around 40-50 mbps
Ahh. See b means bits. 8 bits make up 1 Byte. So a speed of 40 Mbps(Megabits) gives you 40/8=5 MB/s(MegaByte).
And dude since you are a newbie don't post copyrighted content on public threads. ;)

We all do it in private but posting it might open up TE to a DMCA takedown or some other anti-piracy stuff.

On another note if you are getting say 40 Mbps on fast.com and your torrent speed on a well-seeded torrent is way below 5 MB/s then for sure your ISP is doing traffic throttling on P2P traffic.

Ahh. See b means bits. 8 bits make up 1 Byte. So a speed of 40 Mbps(Megabits) gives you 40/8=5 MB/s(MegaByte).
On another note if you are getting say 40 Mbps on fast.com and your torrent speed on a well-seeded torrent is way below 5 MB/s then for sure your ISP is doing traffic throttling on P2P traffic.
Yes, I was aware of that. I guess I was just trying to say that I've been getting somewhat decent speed despite all of that without messing around too much. But, I'll be sure to bother one of you fine folks if I at a later time get the luxury of doing something about that. ; )

We all do it in private but posting it might open up TE to a DMCA takedown or some other anti-piracy stuff.
And dude since you are a newbie don't post copyrighted content on public threads. ;)

My bad. I'll be more mindful of that going forward. Thank you!

Back