Is Mega banned in India?

Whas
Can you pls tell something for android like above ?
Tried VPN like NordVPN but not getting through the block
Whats your telco provider?
NordVPN works for both Jio and Voda in my case on my Android.
Post automatically merged:

Try this -

Goodbye DPI

It should resolve most blocked websites.

Get the GUI version for windows, it works well albeit a bit buggy.
Hot damn. Need to try this out when I get home.

Can you pls tell something for android like above ?
Tried VPN like NordVPN but not getting through the block

No idea but try Intra like blr_p suggested. it seems similar to GoodbyeDPI as it uses cloudfare DNS to get around the blocks.

Worked with both the mega & streamable site. I used the cmd line with the -1 option as the gui prevented this forum from showing up, lol

Try all_dnsredir (Recommended) in the GUI, it should work.

Try intra

NIce. Will check it out.

Glad to help.

See this

referenced in the first link for the gory details
Apparently so do Korean ISP's

Apparently so do Korean ISP's

The problems nowadays is the scale of blocking. I remember when Kapil Sibal wanted to block p**n sites and such a furore was raised that the government backed down.

Now websites are blocked at will without any announcement whatsoever.As far as I remember the dolts at DoT blocked github and soundcloud as well before realizing what those sites are for.

Whas

Whats your telco provider?
NordVPN works for both Jio and Voda in my case on my Android.

Airtel & Jio
Will check out Intra
Have checked out NordVPN paid , Psiphon and Shadowsocks . All 3 did not work out
Psiphon - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.psiphon3.subscription
Shadowsocks - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.shadowsocks

Psiphon is being used in Hongkong and China as per the article i read

employ SNI filtering

The problems nowadays is the scale of blocking. I remember when Kapil Sibal wanted to block p**n sites and such a furore was raised that the government backed down.

Now websites are blocked at will without any announcement whatsoever.As far as I remember the dolts at DoT blocked github and soundcloud as well before realizing what those sites are for.
Where is the govt notification to this effect ?

BSNL has no problem as a few confirmed on the first page So it is the private ISP's that are resorting to this blocking. It's recent as well, maybe a couple of months or so.

Last edited:
Airtel & Jio
Will check out Intra
Have checked out NordVPN paid , Psiphon and Shadowsocks . All 3 did not work out
Psiphon - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.psiphon3.subscription
Shadowsocks - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.shadowsocks

Psiphon is being used in Hongkong and China as per the article i read
NordVPN connects to Indian servers by default if you don't change it as it gives preference to fastest servers.
I usually go with Singapore/Hong Kong servers and nothing is blocked there which is odd considering the clampdown going on in HK.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this thread up, but of late I'm increasingly frustrated with Hathway's insane blocking on anything torrent.

Any of you guys into sharing VPN subscriptions or anyone know of any great deals on VPN? I've been trying forever to snap up a NORD VPN deal but it appears they just keep offering the standard 3.99 $.. coupons don't seem to work?

Sorry to bump this thread up, but of late I'm increasingly frustrated with Hathway's insane blocking on anything torrent.

Any of you guys into sharing VPN subscriptions or anyone know of any great deals on VPN? I've been trying forever to snap up a NORD VPN deal but it appears they just keep offering the standard 3.99 $.. coupons don't seem to work?
Try this-

I am using this with option 3 to circumvent Siti Broadband blocking. However torrent downloads with peers/seeds located outside India seem to be faster on NordVPN.

Only problem that I have seen with goodbyedpi is that rapigator downloads fail sometimes.

I use mega extensively on my Airtel broadband. Also, mega.nz in my case too often doesn't open but the mega sync app always works without issues. Maybe you should try downloading links with the application.

Try this-

I am using this with option 3 to circumvent Siti Broadband blocking. However torrent downloads with peers/seeds located outside India seem to be faster on NordVPN.

Only problem that I have seen with goodbyedpi is that rapigator downloads fail sometimes.

Can you be a little more specific. I'm on siti but torrent gives pathetic speed. Tried using windscribe vpn but that did not speed up the torrents a lot, only to a certain extent. Like say from 30-40KBps to 140-150KBps. When I switched to Alliance I was getting 3 - 4 MBps and on some beyond 6MBps.

What I need to do exactly with goodbyedpi to get max possible torrent speed without using vpn ?

Can you be a little more specific. I'm on siti but torrent gives pathetic speed. Tried using windscribe vpn but that did not speed up the torrents a lot, only to a certain extent. Like say from 30-40KBps to 140-150KBps. When I switched to Alliance I was getting 3 - 4 MBps and on some beyond 6MBps.

What I need to do exactly with goodbyedpi to get max possible torrent speed without using vpn ?
Which torrent application do you use?
I've never had to circumvent via any VPN. I usually get speeds ranging from 1 to 6 mbps on qbittorent provided the link has enough seeds.

BTW thanks to @zibalingz for pointing us towards goodbyedpi.

@topgear Are you based out of Kolkata?

Alliance was awesome with their torrent caching server but Siti employs DPI to block websites. Alliance simply used http blocking to comply with government rules.

I am on Velositi 200 Mbps package and some popular torrents go upto 10 MB/s on a NordVPN connection on Singapore.

For using goodbyedpi download the github zip file and unzip it locally.

Open a cmd window with Admin privileges and navigate to the x86_64 folder if you are on 64 bit Windows via pushd as shown below.

Then fire off "goodbyedpi -3" and you are set.

1586668830307.png

I have created a Windows service using nssm to run this on PC boot.

You can check out the tutorial here-

1586668988432.png

1586669098361.png

Which torrent application do you use?
I've never had to circumvent via any VPN. I usually get speeds ranging from 1 to 6 mbps on qbittorent provided the link has enough seeds.
Lucky you. Seems like you ISP is nicer than mine when it comes to blocking. And 6 Mbps i.e. roughly 750 KB/s is not a good speed mate.

Last edited:
Back