Is my gift stuck at customs?

comp@ddict

Skilled
Don't know which forum to post, so posted it here. My friend sent me a AMD A10 Trinity, Motherboard and HD 7870 GPU from Singapore on the 19th. It arrived on the 22nd (tracked it online), but there has been no update since then. It's the 26th now and I'm afraid it's stuck at customs. I'm even more afraid that someone might have flicked it off (govt. authorities) and stuck it in their own filthy PCs (hopefully fried the rest of the system).

Is there any way to clear it? Find out where it is? What to do?

http://www.track-trace.com/post
Tracking number: RC614137549SG

As per the tracking the item arrived to India on 22nd, only two working days from then. It would be better to wait for few more days before jumping to any conclusion.
As its a registered post, you will get the parcel for sure. If its stuck in customs, you will get a notice within few days or else you will get the parcel itself.

On all my shipments coming in from South East Asia, only one has ever reached me inside a week. All the rest took more than 10 business days. Customs is a bit slow and they take their own sweet time, but your stuff should reach you without trouble. Be prepared for customs charges though. I hope your friend didn't mark the items as 'gift'. Customs guys are cracking down hard on all such packages. Speaking from experience, I have been charged customs on 90% of the packages marked as gift. I tell all the sellers to declare full value of my shipments and those packages rarely attract customs.

Just relax for a while, it's just 2 working days since the package arrived as has been pointed out.

bitGJia.png

U will get a letter, asking to send the invoice, or any document showing the value.

There is nothing called as a gift anymore.

So be ready, once you receive the letter, u have to reply with required documents, the item will be valued and customs calculated, then will be sent to your local post office.

Another 10 days for sure depending on how fast u get the letter and reply to it

Back