Is my linksys router dying ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I have linksys route from 2016 and it’s always on. Only holiday it gets is the power cuts I have at my place.

Now the issue is that from some time I am getting disconnection to wifi every now an then. On laptop it works fine but on mobile devices, I am facing this issue.

I though my mobile was at fault, but same thing with two devices from different manufacturers is rare of the rarest at same time.

Is their anyway to diagnose it ?

Try from admin page and see if issue is solved, if not then hard reset. Or perform firmware update and check.

I bought the device in 2016 and did the firmware update at that time. If hardware reset doesn’t work, shall I still do a firmware update then ? It might be on the latest firmware on the product life cycle :/

I guess it's dying. The same used to happen to my Linksys router. Did a hard reset, even flashed a new rom on it. No change. The mobile would disconnect randomly from router after 12 hrs or so and there would be no wifi signal from router. Bought a new MI router afterwards.

I guess it's dying. The same used to happen to my Linksys router. Did a hard reset, even flashed a new rom on it. No change. The mobile would disconnect randomly from router after 12 hrs or so and there would be no wifi signal from router. Bought a new MI router afterwards.

How is mi router you compare to linksys ? Can you share a link so in case I need a replacement :D

It was a MI 3C 2.4G router. It is a useless product. Even MI stopped selling that product now. Get something else. Like TPLink.

Even I was using linksys wag120n adsl router some 4 years back. I can say it's the worst router I have ever used. Even I faced the same issue as you are facing now. Their customer support is also the worst. Thereafter I ditched that and switched to tplink. I will not say it's the best but atleast better then linksys.

Even I was using linksys wag120n adsl router some 4 years back. I can say it's the worst router I have ever used. Even I faced the same issue as you are facing now. Their customer support is also the worst. Thereafter I ditched that and switched to tplink. I will not say it's the best but atleast better then linksys.
Rofll [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Currently I have reset and updated to latest firmware, issue is minimal now. Let's see how it performs in long run [emoji13]

Back