Monitors Is my monitor panel dying ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I bought view sonic 2k 32” in 2018 end and now I am facing a issue. Is my monitor dying ?

The issue is of green tent in the monitor when it starts next day like after 12 hours or more. But it gets fixed after 2 - 10 mins of use.

Image as below.

Adjustments.jpg

Most probably bad capacitors. Open it up and see if any are bulging or leaking. If so it's the most simple and cheapest fix

Yeah, you need to get it replaced. Take all the pics you can and reach out to Viewsonic. I have the exactly same monitor and had to replace it recently.

Honestly I feel I made a terrible mistake by buying it.

Yeah, you need to get it replaced. Take all the pics you can and reach out to Viewsonic. I have the exactly same monitor and had to replace it recently.

Honestly I feel I made a terrible mistake by buying it.

Did you got a replacement at home or you visited service centre. Lg send their guy at home, but no idea in this lockdown situation [emoji3064]

Also please share the procedure you followed.

Did you got a replacement at home or you visited service centre. Lg send their guy at home, but no idea in this lockdown situation [emoji3064]

Also please share the procedure you followed.

Yeah they sent the replacement at my home.

You can send email to service at in.viewsonic.com with pictures and they'll reply.

They'll replace it. But I think it would be a refurbished model. No one is coming to your home and changing panel there. They probably have a factory for refurbishing from where hey'll take a monitor from there and send your monitor there.

They'll replace it. But I think it would be a refurbished model. No one is coming to your home and changing panel there. They probably have a factory for refurbishing from where hey'll take a monitor from there and send your monitor there.

So they will send me one piece and then collect mine or I have to send mine via courier?

Also can you post some images of the current monitor here in working state so I can compare mine in condition [emoji28]

So they will send me one piece and then collect mine or I have to send mine via courier?

Also can you post some images of the current monitor here in working state so I can compare mine in condition [emoji28]

They'll send a guy to your home who'll carry a monitor with him, he'll check your monitor - to verify your issue, and replace it.

I have a phone with potato camera but monitor panel is nothing to complain about. It has all the issues I have with this particular model, especially backlight bleeding.
My current monitor is actually replaced last month, it is my third replacement since I bought the monitor in 2018. I have found all the panels I have got (original + 3 replacements) to be of mediocre quality.

Going on a rant here but I'm fed up of having to deal with RMA. Earlier model was a Dell monitor which served me nicely for 6 years. I'm actually making a list of monitors I can buy should this one stop working. :(

I believe my monitor is also suffering from a similar green tint issue. But the problem disappears after around 2-3 min of use. It is from benq though.

Attachments

• IMG20200714190313.jpg
    IMG20200714190313.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 82
Just now, Finally got a replacement after 2 months plus waiting.

its an upgrade for me at least as the last model was a 60 Hz panel and this one is 75hz.

AA0B826A-25DE-4CBE-A3AD-9AA1085EDB70.jpeg
138F8D92-1259-42C5-9B50-C6FBF2E7CE7F.jpeg

TBH Viewsonic in todays world is a strict no no when you ave dell, samsungs and lgs.
I have a Viewsonic from 2k8 still going strong.

TBH Viewsonic in todays world is a strict no no when you ave dell, samsungs and lgs.
I have a Viewsonic from 2k8 still going strong.
yes but that time i didn't had the option. other one was acer and I am not sure of that particular model. looking to buy a new one with high refresh rate but currently no good options we have :(

Back