Is my Pioneer DVD player w/ USb compatible w/ 16gb pen drives?

P.Ping Tom

Disciple
Hey all,

Just bought myself a new dvd player, the Pioneer dv-410 v-s. This player has a USB port built in which I can plug in my pen drive (currently have a 4gb). I want to buy a 16gb pen drive but I've heard rumours that large capacity pen drives have performance issues with dvd players, and that some players aren't equipped to handle anything over 4/8gb. Is any of this true? I don't know what the reasons for this, if any, are - so I'd appreciate whatever light you guys can shed on this. Bottom line - can I go ahead and buy a 16gb pen drive for this dvd player or not? Thanks a bunch in advance. Cheers.

i guess what u have heard is true. the players have a limitation on the memory they can access(limited to 4/8GB). I had seen the exact same thing written on a user manual of a phillips divx player bought 6 months back.

seriously thanks guys ..about this INFO.....my friend was actually gonna buy a DVD player with USB so that ,he can connect his external 160GB HDD to it using USB.:p . i think i will warn him .

Actually it depends from player to player.My friend recently bought a Phillips Divx player which has a USB port & shockingly it detects his 30GB Video Ipod without any issues.:p

Great. Now I'm thoroughly confused. The Pioneer manual says nothing about the amount of memory that can be attached, but it does say that the larger the memory the longer the access time. Anyway all I'm interested in is attaching a 16gb pen drive, so if there's anyone out there who can help, PLEASE raise your hand. Thanks for all the responses all :)

PS Gonna try hooking up my ipod to my player to see if that works.

so did u try ur ipod with the dvd player.. ??

neway i had a phillips divx player as well to which i hooked up my external 80GB HDD and it played movies off it with some stuttering in between.. btw it did take some time .. i guess around 5-10 mins for all the files to be displayed..

UPDATE: Just tried it out with my friends 32GB corsair flash voyager. Works purrr-fect-lee! No stutterring, no time lag, nothing, nada, zilch.

Yay.

:)

^^ Doesn't mention anything about that in the spec sheet/catalog, so I can't say for sure. Did hook up my ipod to it, and that seemed to work fine as well. Don't know if that helps or not.

That's what I was talking about.You can't be sure about XYZ amount of capacity drive working on it unless it's physically tested.

ok.. i just bought a philips dvd player for 3250 (mrp 4500). unlike most players it has a usb2 port and can read from any source as long as it has upto 650 odd files (the file limit is mentioned in the manual). ive tried a 160gb wd passport and it works flawlessly. there is a possibility that the player might not support ntfs. i havent tried that but it is a possibility.

Back