Budget Above 25K Is note 5 worth the premium above note 4?

dinu_dr

Disciple
I want to know which phone is more value as on today, note 4 is available for 28000 now, whereas note 5 hovers around 42000 for 32 GB without MicroSD and removable battery.

Pros for note 5: Better display (from reviews), better stylus and note taking apps, minor other improvements, will get updates for next year too

Pros for note 4: Cheaper, expandable memory, ? newer stylus features can be loaded after rooting

I have not been able to look at both side by side so want opinions from people who have used both

1. Budget?
A: INR 30-40k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Marshmallow

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Email, Whatsapp, Notes, Multimedia, Camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Considering only the Note phones as of now

What about the S7E ? or is stylus essential. 3rd parties are available just not as compact.

At least you get sd card back and a bigger battery.

Samsung demoted the note with the note 5. The note i sno longer the biggest baddest android that it used to be. This upset many people.

They pushed the s6e+ instead. which was the note 5 you did not want to get. Many that were on note 4 stuck with it.

But wait for the Note 6 to come out, the s7e price will reduce some.

Last edited:
10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Considering only the Note phones as of now
better wait for month, price falls down as note7 gonna launch within the next 3 months.
as you see note 4 is 2014 and with current specs its already outdated. so wait for a month and get note 5 or get current flagship from other companies like OP3...

Wait for note 6 or get S7 edge, note 4 is outdated, note 5 isn't a fair deal IMHO.

Even note 6 prices will take till next January to rationalise, so buy Mi Note 3 instead, it'd be a better investment than note 4...

Thank you guys..I really want to try out the stylus this time. So I guess will wait out for the Note 6/7 to release and then decide.
I could buy the S7 Edge too, some videos show the Tabpro S bluetooth C Pen working on the S7e.

Any one of you uses the stylus often?

Thank you guys..I really want to try out the stylus this time. So I guess will wait out for the Note 6/7 to release and then decide.
I could buy the S7 Edge too, some videos show the Tabpro S bluetooth C Pen working on the S7e.

Any one of you uses the stylus often?
remember samsung made a huge profit from s7 and s7e, so probably the price of the note 7 will not be reduced till Q1 of 2017. if you like to pay the premium price tag.

If you like to draw or handwrite on screen there's nothing else that matches the note in the mobile phone world. ......I'm an architect and down through all the note generations. Can't do without the s spen now.

Back